Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

arizonagirl 11-10-2011 06:51 PM

I managed to mail my SP's package today. SP your zip code adds up to 13. I also got Kris and Krystyna's surprises in the mail as well.

CAgirl1 11-10-2011 07:07 PM

I received the most wonderful items from Sewingsuz today!! She made me some pretty earrings and a truly amazing apron. I will post a pic as soon as I am able to take it during the day. Thank you Suzanne!! It will definitely be put to good use this year. :thumbup:

fayzer 11-10-2011 07:16 PM

Robyn, great sewing caddy and tut. You did good for your first tutorial. I've got to make me one. I have stuff scattered everywhere.

Lori Peercy 11-10-2011 08:09 PM

We had alot of packages go into the mail today but the deadline is looming (Monday) and there is still 88 people to get it in the mail!! Looks like it will be a busy weekend for the post office!

leiladylei54 11-10-2011 08:36 PM

I'm so glad I mailed mine so early and it was already received. Yay!!! I don't have to worry about a deadline. Only doing the waiting part now.

reeskylr 11-10-2011 08:55 PM

:cool: My package went out today. It'll be going all the way across the US to the East Coast, so give it a few days. I kept finding things to put into the box.

HAHA -- hopefully the fabric I added last will be the most amusing one to open. :D

Jan Rutherford 11-10-2011 09:03 PM

It is a good sign for a quilter/sewer to have a messy table, that means we are busy and enjoying what we are doing :-)

Happy SEWING this weekend everyone. It is going to be stormy and rain up here in the PNW ( WA.) Goody....stay in and sew on Christmas ideas !!!

ssnare 11-10-2011 09:10 PM

Do not despair, maybe it will come in a few days.

Originally Posted by selfhunter (Post 4662508)
I'm in Illinois but its didn't come to me. (tears in my eyes)

ssnare 11-10-2011 09:17 PM

I am also in the central time zone and I have dogs.

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 4662728)
I am in Central Time Zone and I have dogs, so it just has to be me me me me me me!

SharonAnne 11-10-2011 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I got out of work today, I had planned on simply going straight to a seminar, but decided to stop off at home first to freshen up for 3 minutes or so. Instead there was my SP firmie from Kellie G beckoning. Well, I never even took my purse off my shoulder and ripped it open just as I was. The numerous wonderful items were strewn all over the place!! I so wanted to send an immediate thank you, but had to get to that seminar on time by 6 PM, so I had to neglect it all for a social security learning experience (what an eye-opener THAT was, but that's another story). Anyway, Kellie read and fulfilled my "wish" list to a "T" and I am so humbled at her generosity. I said what I most wanted were styrofoam cones and she sent two for me to be creative with. Pictures follow of what they will become - I am making Christmas trees out of scraps of fabric. All that remains to do is top the tree with a poinsetta flower or a bow (or anything else that someone else can suggest).

Don't count the dark chocolate squares - 1 is missing already. There are also Christmas fabric FQ's that will become Christmas tree napkins, three yummie flavors of hot chocolate (ice on the car windows means cocoa time here already), notecards with monogram initial seals, a Quick Quilt magazine (I like fast projects best), a purse/bag pattern (love to make bags), and last but not least, she took the time to write out a recipe for Pumpkin cheesecake. Cheesecake and ice cream tie for my all time favorite desserts. Kellie - thank you so much for making this swap so great for me. I hope I get your name sometime, so I can reciprocate your kindness.