Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

starshine 11-18-2011 09:49 PM

Hi Lori do you watch Jeopardy!? One of the contestants tonight was from Ottumwa.

Haven't been able to spend much time on the board lately and when I am on it seems to take a long time moving from page to page (dial up). Maybe I will get a chance to catch up a little this weekend. I'll bring some quilts on over to the bench.

Lv2sew2011 11-18-2011 09:59 PM

That is awesome and what a great ideal! I was wondering myself what was turned down!

Donna

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 4694769)
Teresa,
The swap that was shot down was a R.A.K. address swap. Basically only
thing being swapped would be mailing addresses to be "saved" (sent
via pm's ONLY).
I will explain what it is that I DO on my own. When I am in a swap
(and for those who wish to be put on my "list" outside of swaps), I
"save" the addresses and put them on my list.

Than at random times I will select one, two or even more "names"
and just perform a R.A.K. (random act of kindness) by sending the
person(s) a little note that says "thinking of you" or I have been
known to send a little box of "goodies" or even just a fat quarter.

But the thing is it is all random I may not send anything for a month
or so, but than again I may send 1-20 (depending on what the budget
is like) more in a month.

I know it probably sounds confusing, but for me I have a "system" worked
out that I have been using for over 3 years from another quilting group
(cafemom).

I LOVE reading the comments from those who receive something me
because they are surprised by the randomness of it.

But since that swap was shot down, I will continue to collect the addresses
from the swaps I join and slowly build my list that way.

One thing I do NOT do is SHARE anyones information unless I specifically
have thats persons permission to share their address. In fact I have all
that kind of information password protected on my computer even my family
(mainly hubs) can not access the info.

I take my friends person information such as their addresses seriously. So
just be "warned" that if you have done ANY kind of swap with me it is HIGHLY
likely that someday you might just receive a little something outside of any swaps.

arizonagirl 11-18-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 4696558)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289028[/ATTACH]Robyn I have looked all over Ottumwa for those and no one had them so this is what I am using for my small (12") ruler.

I have several very large rulers that I needed another large suction cup for. One of them is a 20 1/2 x 20 1/2 square ruler.

Lv2sew2011 11-18-2011 10:10 PM

Love, Love the snowman, great job!

Donna

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 4692888)
OK, one more and I will let you alone! This is my Christmas Challenge piece for our quilt guild. We received the red snowman fabric and could do anything with it. Could add whatever we wanted, but could not add additional challenge fabric.

leiladylei54 11-18-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 4696629)
You are welcome!! I made the handbag pattern, I got it from another and thought I would pass it on. So the pincushion was not to bright then? I was a bit worried on that one, but you did say bright colors LOL

The pin cushion was just perfect. Brights it is!!! The brighter, the better as far as I'm concerned!!! I'm surrounded by family who think bright is just too much but I'll tell you....if I wear bright colors, they match my skin tone so well. But those pastels or beiges...I look so washed out. So I love the purples, oranges, reds, hot pinks, electric blues....oh yes, brights are the only way to go!!! Love, love, love them!!! Thank you, IrelandDragonQuilting, for such a wonderful box!!!

wanda lou 11-19-2011 12:09 AM

Wow lots of wonderful packages.

wanda lou 11-19-2011 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My package from gzuslivz thank you Renee.[ATTACH=CONFIG]289033[/ATTACH]

wanda lou 11-19-2011 12:29 AM

Wow I was able to post a pix, my third one.
Yeah......

Juli 11-19-2011 02:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After being in labor the entire day (her labor began around 4:00 am..........her water broke the bed her husband was sleeping on), my sister had her baby at 11:06 pm Friday night. They had to vaccum the baby out to kind of help it out. So it kind of has a big red bump on its head and the Doctor won't give it anything for pain, so its head is going to hurt for a few days while it goes.

But my Sister gave birth to a 5 pound 6 ounce baby girl. Her name is Brooklyn Suzanne. She is 19 inches long, with lots of hair. My sister and the baby are both doing great, besides the slight discomfort the baby is having from the vaccum.

Diana Lynne 11-19-2011 02:50 AM

Beautiful!!!! I love it all..The basket is just gorgeous :)..Diana

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 4695870)
I want to show you all the wonderful swap that Sarah (sik1010) sent me.It will take a few pictures. as she went overboard and spoiled me rotten.Everything is beautiful. The trivet she made is gonna be hung on the wall so it doesn't get ruined.She sent enough matching fabric to make 6 place mats. I better get started on posting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]289006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289009[/ATTACH]