Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

fayzer 11-04-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 4633316)
Faye I love the new avatar picture.

At least now I look as good as my dog.........I think!
http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...D894571161.png

arizonagirl 11-04-2011 06:13 PM

I went shopping the other day for some fabric in colors that my SP likes and I think I did good. I was at Joann's and suddenly it hit me how to make the most of my money. I looked for fabric that were in colors that my SP likes and were pretty and had very little left on the bolt. On the ones that had a little over yard left I got a half yard and asked for the rest as at remnant price. And on the ones that had a little under 2 yards I asked for a yard and the rest as remnant. Remnants are 50% off. So basically I got some fabric for me at full price and some for my SP at remnant price. The only problem is since it is the end of the bolt after I cut a half yard of each for my Sp it may be very wrinkled. Do you think that I should starch and iron it or just fold as neat as I can and explain why it is so wrinkled? And the best part is that I am still under budget.

wanda lou 11-04-2011 06:19 PM

good idea.

lawsonmugs 11-04-2011 06:23 PM

Robyn sounds like your doing good on the shopping. I'm, sorry your in such pain so much of the time. Your just so young to be feeling so bad.When I get fabric that is the end of the bolt or that's been packed for a while I spray it with just plain water. Not everyone likes the stiffness from the starch.If it's for me sometimes I use starch.Mary

IrelandDragonQuilting 11-04-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 4633424)
I went shopping the other day for some fabric in colors that my SP likes and I think I did good. I was at Joann's and suddenly it hit me how to make the most of my money. I looked for fabric that were in colors that my SP likes and were pretty and had very little left on the bolt. On the ones that had a little over yard left I got a half yard and asked for the rest as at remnant price. And on the ones that had a little under 2 yards I asked for a yard and the rest as remnant. Remnants are 50% off. So basically I got some fabric for me at full price and some for my SP at remnant price. The only problem is since it is the end of the bolt after I cut a half yard of each for my Sp it may be very wrinkled. Do you think that I should starch and iron it or just fold as neat as I can and explain why it is so wrinkled? And the best part is that I am still under budget.

Just wad it up in a ball and ship it! I will love it promise... oh wait you didn't say it was coming to me! I have a feeling that if you just folded it up and sent it allw ould be good :)

thomp116 11-04-2011 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, trying this again with a smaller picture. My question is, now that I have made this picture smaller (I'm not using a "good" picture), will the size change affect the picture when it is printed? Or do I have to go back and make it big again when I print it for my quilt journal?

thomp116 11-04-2011 06:49 PM

I'm thinking that I am giving up until I get the whole picture thing figured out! Has anyone noticed that Mary (who didn't have pics until last week) is pumping them out like crazy?!? Good work, Mary, and I like your machine cover.
Robyn, liked the BooBoo comment! Don't you love when you get good deals?
I have to check the USPS site...my SP should have gotten her package today, or at the latest tomorrow. I am early - holy cow!

verna2197 11-04-2011 07:07 PM

I'm thinking about giving up on this board all together. I am still not getting any notifications in my email when someone post a new message in this thread or any other thread I am following. I just don't know how to fix it. I am subscribe to this thread, my inbox is not full. So can someone on here please help me b4 I completey give up.

Thanks
Verna2197

verna2197 11-04-2011 07:08 PM

I'm thinking about giving up on this board all together. I am still not getting any notifications in my email when someone post a new message in this thread or any other thread I am following. I just don't know how to fix it. I am subscribe to this thread, my inbox is not full. So can someone on here please help me b4 I completey give up.

Thanks
Verna2197

CloverPatch 11-04-2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 4633725)

Thanks
Verna2197

It is not enough to subscribe you have to tell it what KIND of notifications you want. Quick links to subscribed threads - On the page that says the threads your subscribed too are little boxes you can check for each thread. Check them then click the button (selected threads) to mess with them. It will ask what kind of notifications, (instant email, control panel only, etc). You want to switch to Instant email notificaions