Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October 2013 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap (Full and Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-2013-pincushion-needlecase-swap-full-closed-t231338.html)

Jean D 10-19-2013 04:51 PM

LOVE the mushroom! I just want to pinch it and feel it, funny.

lynnie 10-19-2013 06:52 PM

Jean, it pinches nicely and is just so darn cute. there's a cauldron, broom, and spider web by one window, and a black cat and pumpkin by the other window, it's just so darling. I love it.
thanks again IDQ.

paintmejudy 10-20-2013 05:57 AM

Back to the real world, now all I have to do is catch up on my sleep, and stop waking up at 4 a.m. the past two mornings and not being able to get back to sleep.

Well, my little chickadees, looks like everything is going splendidly. I checked over the postings and seems as if most of the cushions have been mailed. One of the gals, who hasn't posted on the thread, has received one of her cushions but not acknowledged receiving it, and hasn't notified me that she sent anything. I know there are still 5 days for mailing, and hope all is well with her.

If anyone is having a problem please let me know by PM. Thanks.

paintmejudy 10-20-2013 07:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
dluvs2quilt sent me a wonderful pincushion, and the fabric is great! Love it, Diane, thank you.

lynnie 10-20-2013 09:41 AM

Judy, nice cushion, love the fabric. so I guess sign up will start soon. hope we get a bunch of people this time.

Old_Rosebud 10-20-2013 11:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Great pincushions everyone is making! I received yesterday (but didn't check my mail until today. :o) a great package from jamimclaugh. She made me a giant turtle! Wahoo! Thanks Jami! She must have seen my post on this thread about stuffed animals as pincushions. :) She is so cute! See how she is smiling at me?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]442294[/ATTACH]

I also received a crochet candy corn stuffed with walnut hulls for sharpening and two halloween potholders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]442295[/ATTACH]
Everyone look and be envious LOL.

Old_Rosebud 10-20-2013 11:45 AM

IrelandDragonQuilting - did you make those adorable Halloween pins for lynnie? Spill the beans - enquiring minds want to know! LOL.

lynnie 10-20-2013 11:48 AM

hey rosie, nice turtle. i had to find out if she made them too. they are a treasure for sure. even my dh commented on them. i can't find things like that around here. i'm hoping i find the right place in the city to find them. they are just darling.

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-21-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud (Post 6358790)
IrelandDragonQuilting - did you make those adorable Halloween pins for lynnie? Spill the beans - enquiring minds want to know! LOL.

Nope, I buy them from Ebay, Oriental Trading Post, and Hobby Lobby :) I just glue them onto the pin :thumbup:

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-21-2013 02:45 PM

Beautiful personalized pincushion. Very thoughtful!! I love the candy corn, but that tends to be my downfall during this season... candy corn. hehehehe

Was the turtle a pattern?? She is super cute!