Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October 2018 to December 2018 Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-2018-december-2018-table-runner-swap-t300328.html)

Teen 11-18-2018 05:41 PM

Thanks, Pamela!!! I had a bit of ripping to do on this....I started sewing the decorative stitches on one block without realizing another block was underneath...ugh!....lol... That happens a lot for me so you'd think I'd learn...:p

Darcyshannon 11-18-2018 08:32 PM

Teen the y/b/w reminds me of when I was young. A lot of people wore this. It is cheery and striking.

Lawsonmugs, that looks so pretty and perfect for holidays.

m-fay 11-18-2018 10:06 PM

Your sneak peek looks really good Lawsonmugs and I know what youre saying about old eyes. Trying to stitch in the ditch is just so hard with my eyes (I wear glasses)going out of focus all the time!

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 8163507)
Oh My Goodness. This runner has been a challenge for me. It is almost done except today I ran out of fusible bias tape. Had to go online to order some. Next stained glass is going to have black leading . The gold is very festive and pretty,but us older ladies don't see as well and the stitching shows and I have poor eyesight. The glittery lame is had on the old eyes. The picture I took is very poor as it is so cloudy today. The colors are white on white around it and the black is actually a dark green.I like the runner. Wish I had worked on stained glass prior to this swap. But that is what this months is "something we haven't done before,"so who ever gets this please remember that. I should get the bias tape by thursday and then trim up the runner and bind it. Then it ill be ready. for the unlucky partner I get. lol. I'll send a few nice goodies to make up for it.Ok.Stay warm everyone.

m-fay 11-18-2018 10:10 PM

Teen your crazy block is beautiful!

m-fay 11-19-2018 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished the binding[ATTACH=CONFIG]604182[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 11-19-2018 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the nice comments.This picture I took today is more the true colors. It's still cloudy but not as dark out. Marion that is beautiful. Is it paper pieced? I also love the crazy patch. I tried that once and made a front for a tote. I think my daughter ended up swiping that one. lol. There are some really pretty sneak peeks being shown.See if I used black bias tape with black thread it wouldn't show my crooked sewing. I think the gold is pretty and looks more Christmasy. I followed the pattern and I think the colors go well together to. :thumbup:

Annaquilts 11-19-2018 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 8163686)
Just finished the binding[ATTACH=CONFIG]604182[/ATTACH]

m-fay you made another stunning runner. Beautiful leaves laying on a chocolate back ground.

Annaquilts 11-19-2018 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8163533)
That looks really cool, Mary!! This will be a stunner when revealed... Love the colors... I'm trying to figure how you do this based on the photo but I think you'll have to teach me...looks hard..

Here is a sneak peek at a crazy block used in my runner... Hoping the colors aren't a turn off for anyone but my favorite colorway is black/white and yellow...

Beautiful work Teen! The color scheme is pretty popular right now so I am sure it will speak to many people.

Annaquilts 11-19-2018 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8163533)

Here is a sneak peek at a crazy block used in my runner... Hoping the colors aren't a turn off for anyone but my favorite colorway is black/white and yellow...

Here is the same modern color scheme in fire Escape Atkinson Designs but with red. My son loves red/black/white as did one of his older brothers. I still need to quilt this but it will be for his birthday. A little modern for me but I am pleased with how it came out.

Teen 11-19-2018 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anna.....love your quilt....here is my fav in this colorway...

Girls....Your runners are fabulous!!