Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October to November Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-november-table-runner-swap-t282683.html)

ube quilting 11-22-2016 12:55 PM

Caroline, this is a most beautiful respite from winter. TFS
peace

Northern Sue 11-22-2016 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Most of the runner is completed. I've been doing it at night while watching TV and obviously my lighting is not adequate. When my practice sandwich looked good, I just went with it! Dumb move!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562629[/ATTACH]

Belfrybat 11-22-2016 01:43 PM

It doesn't look all that bad to me -- just a bit loose. This is a table runner, not an heirloom quilt. As long as the stitches are fine in the front, I'd finish it. I for one would be happy to have something stitched like I see in the above example.

Northern Sue 11-22-2016 01:50 PM

Really? I see such beautifully finished projects on QB & I feel like I'm cheating by only doing SITD! But I better go back to that! My practice sandwich looks pretty darn good, but I can't make them into a runner! lol

CarolinePaj 11-22-2016 06:05 PM

Sue,

stop comparing your work with others.... It is like comparing apples and oranges, just not a good idea. I have examples of your work and it is amazing! I love my table runner which I use frequently!!!!!! I like to give them all a go so I rotate them! Yours is beautiful. Now how would life be if I spent it comparing myself to a supermodel.... Pretty miserable I think - so I don't do it........ so you please stop comparing you work with others. Finally, there is nothing wrong with our trusted favourite SITD!!!!

Hugs

Caroline

ube quilting 11-22-2016 06:20 PM

Northern Sue, finish it. It is fine. I am with belfrybat and Caroline on this opinion. I am looking forward to seeing your finished runner in the swap. I love the backing fabric.
peace

m-fay 11-23-2016 06:33 AM

Caroline the maldives would be like paradise! Northern Sue, I agree with belfry bat, it looks ok to me and I would be glad to receive it. I have a friend who says she's amish....her work is not perfect but its the best she could do. What more can you ask?

lynnie 11-23-2016 01:41 PM

Sue, what are you seeing wrong?
(I'm not seeing anything wrong)

Northern Sue 11-23-2016 05:42 PM

ok, ok! lol

You are so right, and I stand corrected! :) I was disappointed in myself because for some reason I assumed I could watch all the videos, do practice sandwiches until the cows come home, and ta da! I would have mastered a new skill! Hmmmm .... not quite that easy! However, I really appreciate all the encouragement from everyone, so I will be happy to include the runner in the current swap!
If any of your are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, have a fantastic day!
PS: Gonna put my big girl panties on and keep practicing! I might make a quilt out of practice sandwiches .... hmmm, now that's a thought! :)

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj (Post 7704453)
Sue,

stop comparing your work with others.... It is like comparing apples and oranges, just not a good idea. I have examples of your work and it is amazing! I love my table runner which I use frequently!!!!!! I like to give them all a go so I rotate them! Yours is beautiful. Now how would life be if I spent it comparing myself to a supermodel.... Pretty miserable I think - so I don't do it........ so you please stop comparing you work with others. Finally, there is nothing wrong with our trusted favourite SITD!!!!

Hugs

Caroline

Northern Sue 11-24-2016 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok putting the binding on my "special" (lol) runner today, but this is a peak at the front side! It was supposed to be seasonal, but there are some reindeer and peace & joy in there too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562701[/ATTACH]