Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-pincushion-needlecase-swap-breast-cancer-awareness-month-t270352.html)

ctyankee 10-10-2015 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since everyone here loves photos of furry animals, I have a couple of overseas beauties I must share with you.

I'm pretty sure everyone now knows how I feel about cows. Well, while in Scotland, I was on the lookout for a Highland cow. And I found her!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532989[/ATTACH]

Isn't she gorgeous?! And even more so in person! The only problem was -- I couldn't get her into the airplane! Wah! I think that calls for another trip to Scotland -- there is so much more to see!

ctyankee 10-10-2015 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, & I promised one more photo.

This one is of those beautiful Icelandic horses. They're so soft to the touch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532992[/ATTACH]

See the snow behind them? Yep, it snowed & sleeted & rained while I was in Iceland. And I saw many, many rainbows!

Iceland does not allow any horses into their country. And if an Icelandic horse leaves, it can never return. That's how they've kept their strain of horse pure Icelandic, is my guess! My daughter was on a mission to find these horses-- much the way I am about cows -- & she has many more (& better) photos than I have. It was freezing when I got out of the car to take this photo. The winds were 35-40mph, & I quickly got back into the warm car! Brrrr!

lawsonmugs 10-10-2015 10:15 AM

Lois I can't wait to see what you made.Pretty fabric. Pamela, being a cattle farmer I really love the cow. I just want to brush her long hair.lol. Beautiful horses. Thanks for the great pictures.

JuneBillie 10-10-2015 11:52 AM

My husband is at the post office this very minute sending off my partners pincushion/needle case package. I will send the tracking number Karen when he gets back.

Oh, I love all of these pictures. I love all the pictures.
Oh, that Highland Cow is just beautiful. Me and my husband are animal lovers.
Those Icelandic Horses are simply gorgeous. My dad would love seeing them. He is in the Nursing Home now, but more of a senior center. He has went on wagon rides pulled by some horses with a few others there. He rode horses since he was a little boy, along with mules, and who knows what else. lol..
Those mountains in the picture are so pretty too. (I would like to see it there)

JuneBillie 10-10-2015 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nan62 (Post 7341057)
Junebillie. What a beautiful. Swap. Great job and LOTS of goodies. Wish I lived a lot closer to big city to find such cute things. Country living is great but Longhorns, dogs and chickens don't give me chance for all the prettier
See. . What a treat. Bless you in receiving and the giver , Mary, in making !!!!

Nan62, I am the same way. I mostly have to use what I have, unless I get by a fabric store on my way for a doctor appointment that is away from here. Then I try to pick up something extra I might need. I did get a few small things for my partner at a close store.

Nan62, I assume yay meant everything was good?

JuneBillie 10-10-2015 12:06 PM

I have my mammo Monday! So, I am glad to have this one in October, and it will always be easy for me to remember too. I am also suppose to have a diagnostic ultrasound so that will be good. :)

nhnative 10-10-2015 12:41 PM

Mary what a different pc you made. You are always coming up with new ideas. And I love the change purse. And all the goodies. Pamela those horses are beautiful. Are they running wild? And that is a different cow.

klaws 10-10-2015 12:49 PM

Pamela, I love all the pictures you posted. If you go to Scotland again, I wanna go too!!! I think I may have some distant relatives there.

klaws 10-11-2015 06:09 PM

Where was everybody today???

lynnie 10-11-2015 06:51 PM

LOVE the pincushions and LOVE!!! that change purse. I'm still using the one I got from Mary (Lawsonsmugs). what a goodie that was. I get compliments all the time (they were panties), and tell everyone that my friend Mary made it for me.

Now for those horse. so so pretty and soft looking. thank you so much for the pictures of the beautiful horses.
That highland cow was adorable too. Mary loves cows right Mare?