Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Quilted Postcard Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-quilted-postcard-exchange-t307017.html)

Boop56 09-20-2019 10:06 AM

October Quilted Postcard Exchange

October Quilted Fabric Postcard ***Something that Scares You
**- Or -**
Your Favorite Candy***

You will be making One fabric postcard.

This swap is open to all levels of sewing.*

Please post pictures of postcards you receive.

* Cards must measure approx 4" × 6"
* Must be predominantly sewed and/or quilted. Embroidery by hand or machine is also welcome.
* Must have some type of finished edge.

Note: We will only be sending postcards due to the price of postage.

Please let me know if you can send internationally. It costs around $1.15.

Partner's names will be assigned October 3rd.
>l<><>l<><>l<><>l<><>l<><>l<><>l<><>l<
Next few months:
*November will be maker's choice of: November 2nd - National Look for Circles Day
**-Or-**
November 23rd - National Espresso Day

*December will be small quilts to keep you warm

*January 2020 -- will be maker's choice of
January 19th National Rubber Ducky Day
**-Or-**
January 29th National Puzzle Day

*February -- Lovely Valentine Postcard

*March -- Anything you want but you can only use the colors Green & White

*April -- will be maker's choice of
April 3rd Find the Rainbow..so anything Raibow related or usining the Rainbow colors
**-Or-**
April 19th National Marble Day..so anything related to marbles or marbled fabric.

*May-- April showers brings May flowers so send your state flower.

*June -- Anything you want to make using your favorite color(s).

This way you can get ahead when you have time and it leaves you time for other projects.

Watch for sign ups for these in their proper months.

Thanks Everyone

suern3 09-20-2019 01:53 PM

I am in for October and can send international. Thanks!

Queenbarbiej 09-20-2019 03:07 PM

Boop I'm in.

WheezyBreezy 09-21-2019 01:14 PM

Count me in!

R-sea 09-22-2019 01:46 AM

I'm in also . Have messaged Boop56 to let her know

juliasb 09-22-2019 07:02 AM

put me on for this one. I have an idea! Simple but still an Idea!

cuppy 09-23-2019 06:42 AM

Count me in for October. Thanks for posting theme in advance. I do need to get ahead of the swap, cause we go RVing. Love this swap.

j50 09-23-2019 08:45 AM

Count me in for this month

LAF2019 09-24-2019 06:11 PM

Hi all. I am new to the forum and a relatively new-ish quilter. I googled "quilted postcard" and I am totally interested!
I apologize for being a bit naive, but I don't understand how it actually gets mailed. I imagine you just fabric pen the address on the back? does the stamp actually stick to the fabric and does it only take one stamp?
When would this have to mailed by, wondering if I may be too late to the game to get something organized.
Thanks for your patience with my questions! I look forward to engaging with various board activities!

WheezyBreezy 09-24-2019 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by LAF2019 (Post 8305591)
Hi all. I am new to the forum and a relatively new-ish quilter. I googled "quilted postcard" and I am totally interested!
I apologize for being a bit naive, but I don't understand how it actually gets mailed. I imagine you just fabric pen the address on the back? does the stamp actually stick to the fabric and does it only take one stamp?
When would this have to mailed by, wondering if I may be too late to the game to get something organized.
Thanks for your patience with my questions! I look forward to engaging with various board activities!

This is only my third time to participate, but I've sent and received mine in envelope, some regular some clear plastic. I added a bit of extra postage just to be safe (letter rate vs postcard rates). I think you'll enjoy this swap and don't think it's too late to get something made. You just have to commit to it by the 1st of October. Then try to get it in the mail by the 15th or so. The board description at the top if the first page has some more information.

Fellow swappers, correct me if I'm wrong in anything I said here.