Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-sept-30th-4pm-cdst-t201379.html)

shortmom5 10-02-2012 03:34 PM

Hope I get a name this month, if not, then next month for sure.

mdall 10-02-2012 03:41 PM

Krystyna, I love those mittens. If you get my name I would love a pair, it also gets cold here in WV.

mdall 10-02-2012 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Off Topic Alert: I have been thinking about an idea for a quilt for next years quild show. I have this picture stuck in my head after seeing a similar one on T.V. I was wondering what everyone thinks of it. I know it will be difficult to get it down but I really love it and the oddness of it. Tell me what you think go for it or way to wierd.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367245[/ATTACH]

Vanogay 10-02-2012 03:58 PM

Mdall, I think the picture is beautiful, not wierd. However, that being said, I would have loads of problems trying to capture that in fabric and have it look like the picture. If you feel you can, don't let anyone take that away - YOU GO GIRL!

mdall 10-02-2012 04:12 PM

Vanogay, thanks for your input. I too thought about how hard it would be to get all the effects in there to get it looking even close to the pic. I have read some articles on some markers that are used for adding dimension to appliques so I think I may try those out for some added interest. Also, I forgot to mention that I would be leaving the wings out of the picture since I am not to hot on those.

marytoddliz 10-02-2012 04:12 PM

I agree with Kathleen, if you can do it! How awesome that will be.

If I had to do it I would have nightmares because I am scared to death of snakes. my hubby has a little plastic one that every once in awhile I find it hiding! pay back is tough though I stitched the bottom of his boxers together! Don't mess with a quilter! He was just lucky he was not wearing them!

TheMamaHauser 10-02-2012 04:14 PM

Can I just tell you ladies that we're forecasted for snow starting tonight?

shortmom5 10-02-2012 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 5557836)
Off Topic Alert: I have been thinking about an idea for a quilt for next years quild show. I have this picture stuck in my head after seeing a similar one on T.V. I was wondering what everyone thinks of it. I know it will be difficult to get it down but I really love it and the oddness of it. Tell me what you think go for it or way to wierd.

Love the photo, especially the colors, but would remove snakes and replace with feathers. GO For IT!!

TheMamaHauser 10-02-2012 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 5557836)

It looks like a Heaven And Earth Design cross stitch. If it isn't, I bet you could convert it.

I also bet it would take you 12.3 years to complete it as a cross stitch.

wanda lou 10-02-2012 04:18 PM

Marybeth that is so funny, don't mess with a quilter! I bet he got a good laugh.

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5557880)
I agree with Kathleen, if you can do it! How awesome that will be.

If I had to do it I would have nightmares because I am scared to death of snakes. my hubby has a little plastic one that every once in awhile I find it hiding! pay back is tough though I stitched the bottom of his boxers together! Don't mess with a quilter! He was just lucky he was not wearing them!