Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-sept-30th-4pm-cdst-t201379.html)

luvstoquilt 10-09-2012 05:47 PM

WOW...2 more that could be me...Buslady and Brenda....very exciting!

hikingquilter 10-09-2012 06:48 PM

Received an absolutely beautiful package today!

I just sent out my package this morning and this afternoon the mailman left one for me! It is from "jaba" who sent a very generous and thoughtful package. She included some beautiful fabrics, her own homemade raspberry jam!, crocheted hot pads, wash cloths and the cutest pin cushion, a pretty tissue holder, mug mats, a beaded stiletto, bobbin wraps, my favorite tea, snacks, note pad, book, even treats for my furbabies. Thank you, Jan.

starshine 10-09-2012 07:03 PM

By the time I stopped by it was already bedtime, so read a few pages, but I'm only on 27 and the last one is 37, so I will have to finish another time. Hope everyone on the mend is doing well. More prayers coming.
Sharon I love your hooded cowl, and if I'm your sp you can send it! and if I'm not but am another time you can make me one than with any yarn you want to use up. It isn't as cold here as Wy. MN. or ME but it gets cold enough to keep the head covered.
My hair is natural and it is starting to grey- thanks Anastatia I like the phrase greyhighlights. I wear mine wash n go. Another nice thing about going natural is your hair doesn't get all dried out.

hint for my sp hmm I'm getting things collected. Your west of me but not Very west, and more than a state away.

G'night. I will try to catch up with you guys tomorrow.

hikingquilter 10-09-2012 07:13 PM

having trouble adding photo

for some reason the photo will not upload

SharonAnne 10-09-2012 10:50 PM

What lovely comments about the cowl. I even shared the pattern with a coworker. Little did I know my dabbling would be so warmly embraced. So the next clue is that someone who said nice things on here will be getting it. I am waiting to mail on Thursday for one more thing I want to buy. There's a Hancock's 1/2 mile from work, so will look there tomorrow (Wed is Senior Day and we get 15% discount - better than full price, right?).

I was so nervous and excited to send in my mini-quilt photos tonight for the competition. It's my first time entering a contest for anything I have made. I hesitated and my finger hovered over the "Enter" key before emailing for about 15 seconds. Almost changed my mind, but then closed my eyes and hit it. All caution to the wind. lol.

I wanted to comment on a few posts, but have forgotten what I wanted to say for the moment. It is nearly midnight and I have to get some rest for work tomorrow, so I'll try again - next time I'll write the thoughts down BEFORE I begin to type.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Quercus Rubra 10-10-2012 05:24 AM

Sharon.. I have to admit I keep going back to look at that most beautiful cowl that you made and I'm in awe. I'm lucky to get a double stitch row to come up with the same number for more than 3 rows. Can I be like you when I grow up and learn tomake that? I think it would have a most loving home here in Mid-Michigan. Do you think about selling them. I think that even with my flat red-hair with the grey highlights that have started already (lol I'm only 40 for Heaven Sakes!) that soft & natural coloring is just delightful.

Toodles,
Tricia

shortmom5 10-10-2012 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received my package from Catjo and it was full of great items. [ATTACH=CONFIG]368745[/ATTACH]
Note pads, Koozi, fat quarters, fabric, embroidery kits, turkey pattern, kitchen towel set, pot holder, storage box, and hand sanitizer.

I'm so excited about all of my goodies!

shortmom5 10-10-2012 06:49 AM

Catjo thank you again for all your thoughtfulness. Only thing, now I have to "stuff" two turkeys this year.

Krystyna 10-10-2012 06:58 AM

Packing, packing, packing ... what will go into my package? Cats? Bobbins? Yarn? Who knows?

buslady 10-10-2012 07:29 AM

Working on my package. I promise to mail on time!! Worked on my DQ the last 2 nights, gonna go look for something she requested when I get out of here tonight!! Then I think I will make something, just for her. Now, what to make? She wasn't very specific on anything in her bio, so I guess I will have to use my imagination. Who could it be, who could it be? Zip equals 16 and S. is in her address. by the way. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!