Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Oh Sew Sweet! END OF SUMMER 2.5” ‘CANDY’ swap!!! *Sign-up Closes 8/1/13* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/oh-sew-sweet-end-summer-2-5%94-%91candy%92-swap-%2Asign-up-closes-8-1-13%2A-t224567.html)

SheriR 07-05-2013 07:37 PM

Oh Dori, I'm glad you posted you're pretty quilt here! I'm really glad one of us is using our "candy!" You're the best sister!

marytoddliz 07-05-2013 09:49 PM

I am working on my candy quilt top, I just cant decided how big to make it! I think I might make it Queen even though I only have a full bed, it can fit both!

I was down sizing my stash and sold some fabric and like a silly goose I sold the fabric I was using for the boarders, so now I am going to have to buy more. I might not match it perfectly but it was black with with dots and I am really pretty sure it will be close enough!

Mariposa 07-06-2013 12:40 PM

Dori-- what a great quilt!! Thanks for giving us some "sweet" inspiration! :)

papagrandma12 07-08-2013 03:53 AM

How exciting! I'm joining right now. My first time. What a great way to collect squares.

SheriR 07-08-2013 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by papagrandma12 (Post 6165595)
How exciting! I'm joining right now. My first time. What a great way to collect squares.

Welcome to the board and welcome to the swap! We have great ladies swapping and always get a great variety. :D

Yosamitesa 07-08-2013 07:54 AM

Very beautiful quilt!!! :)

marytoddliz 07-08-2013 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My starting point! Rows are pinned to design wall, but I think I like the look!
I found some red with white dots so I think I will add one more row with the black then go around the quilt with a few rows of red bordered 9 patch. What do you think!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422954[/ATTACH]
and btw... it has not even put a dent in my stash of candy!

marytoddliz 07-08-2013 09:54 AM

Do you ever notice After you post a picture your little "mistakes" Well I don't know why I started it this way but I was using a white square in the middle of my nine patch, then when I picked up the project again I guess I forgot my original plan! (I think it started out that way because I didn't think I would have enough different 2.5 squares) LOL how funny is that!

Now do I go back and... I don't think I even want to say it :mad:! maybe I will just patch over the white centers! UGH... any suggestions?

CyndyK 07-08-2013 09:57 AM

I just sent SheriR a pm to sign up for the swap. I finished up a big project this weekend that has been looming over my head, so I can now allow myself to sign up for another swap! I've enjoyed looking at the pictures and links to quilts made w/ 2 1/2" squares and it's inspired me to join in the fun.

Cyndy K

CyndyK 07-08-2013 10:28 AM

Marytoddliz,

I didn't even notice the "mistake" until you pointed it out. It it will bother you the rest of your life, make your changes. If not, leave it. I think the quilt is very nice!