Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/once-upon-time-my-garden-pp-block-swap-twist-t187867.html)

Mariposa 05-14-2012 05:42 PM

Neat wooden irons!

brushandthimble 05-15-2012 03:37 AM

I really like the one on Esty, tried to purchase it and needed to create an account? I already have a paypal account so what account are they asking me to create? So I did not purchase it:(

Back to subject at hand, I found a beautiful red fabric for my cardinals, just need to get it washed. Sunday is an all day get together at a local hall to quilts, hope to work on my blocks there.

Annaquilts 05-15-2012 06:27 AM

Brush and thimble that wooden iron is cute. DH made my wooden iron but I purchase a pattern recently to make a dress for my little girls. It was also off Etsy and I ran into the same thing. There should be some where you can click and go on. It asks you just incase you have no paypal. I know it is confusing.Instead of the register page can you click on the tab on top and go to sign in?

hoppyfrog 05-15-2012 07:32 AM

A really inexpensive way to make one is to take a clothes pin, the type with the spring holding the two pieces together, and take it apart. Wala, now you have two wooden irons.

rwquilts 05-16-2012 05:25 AM

It's been a busy couple of days! I think today I will work on my swap blocks! Have been trying to design a cool watermellon...hmmm...designing for PPing isn't for the faint of heart! :)

Annaquilts 05-16-2012 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5220530)
Have been trying to design a cool watermellon...hmmm...designing for PPing isn't for the faint of heart! :)

Thanks for the early morning chuckle Ronda. I started the day with a renewed attitude and hope to work on my blocks later on today. Could you use part of the kitty watermelon to design a block?

rwquilts 05-16-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5220743)
Thanks for the early morning chuckle Ronda. I started the day with a renewed attitude and hope to work on my blocks later on today. Could you use part of the kitty watermelon to design a block?

Yes, I could Anna, but I have this bee in my bonnet that says..."how hard can this be? You can do this...quit being a woosie"! LOL! I may down the road do just that, but am not ready to give up just yet. Now, remember to ENJOY your sewing today! LOL! That's an order... :)

Fraew 05-16-2012 08:28 AM

...designing for PPing isn't for the faint of heart! :)

You said it! A little time, patience, trial and error. Know when to say when, put it away and come back to it refreshed and renewed. :)

Have a great quilty day!

SewExtremeSeams 05-16-2012 12:47 PM

Have been trying to design a cool watermellon...hmmm...designing for PPing isn't for the faint of heart! :)

No, but it could be for the wild and crazy! I have been thinking along the lines of designing my pp blocks also.

Can I blame that on you Ronda? Are you the influenceR? :D :D

rwquilts 05-16-2012 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5221618)
No, but it could be for the wild and crazy! I have been thinking along the lines of designing my pp blocks also.

Can I blame that on you Ronda? Are you the influenceR? :D :D

I know...we'll blame it on the air we breathe here in Washington! Makes us think we can do anything! :)