Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   One Pair Pieced & Quilted Placemat Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/one-pair-pieced-quilted-placemat-swap-t174889.html)

sewjoyce 03-03-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL (Post 5028357)
SewJoyce, the placemats arrived! The black with the embroidered burgandy rose couldn't match my decor more perfectly if a decorator had selected them! I am so pleased. Thank you for the Pot Pincher instructions also. I know I'll make some for gifts. You are so thoughtful. Tanya

Thanks for letting me know that your placemats arrived...and I'm SEW pleased that you are pleased with them!!:D

abdconsultant 03-03-2012 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I received my placemats from migrubbs, I thought they were bamboo, but a friend said they were "funny weed"...... I love the print, black and white with [ATTACH=CONFIG]317140[/ATTACH]sage green.Thank you for the lovely mats.[ATTACH=CONFIG]317141[/ATTACH]

JuneBillie 03-03-2012 09:36 PM

The sage green is really pretty with black and white.

MaryMo 03-05-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5027705)
MaryMo have you received your placemats yet? My tracking number shows it has been. lol.....

I returned home last evening and your package was here waiting for me. I haven't opened it yet, not till I send your package off which I plan to do tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay, I had to work this weekend without no relief but I'm back to sewing again. Thanks for being so patient.

JuneBillie 03-05-2012 10:03 AM

MaryMo, I am sorry you had to work all weekend. It makes for a long week when you have to do that. I hope you can relax a bit now. I really am patient, I just wanted to know what happened to you.lol.... I am glad you are ok!
You never kinow on the other end what a person can be going through.

Donna H-M 03-06-2012 02:31 AM

Very nice placemats migrubbs, I like the colors you chose. The 2 color binding is very effective, I did that on mine as well (first time). I also like the pattern you used, I think I may be using it in the future!! :)

dabbler312 03-06-2012 05:39 AM

Hand Made by MaryEllen

1 Attachment(s)
Mary Ellen wasn't able to upload photos of the placemats prior to sending them - she did a fabulous job and not only that - she made and sent three placemats - thank you so very much Mary Ellen. Receiving this package in the mail was the perfect pick-me up as we had a very sad tough weekend; Brian's sister has fought and lost her battle with cancer. Thirteen years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer and came through with flying colors and was cancer free for quite some time; 2-1/2 years ago she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. In December they stopped the chemo as her marker numbers were all good and the doctors felt she could take a break from it; Annie worked through all the chemo treatments not missing any work until the middle of January 2012 - and things turned for the worse. In my heart I know that she's in heaven - her warmth and kindness to all will be greatly missed - she touched so many lives. So Mary Ellen - thank you for not only the placemats and napkins - thank you for bringing a smile to my day.

JuneBillie 03-06-2012 09:14 AM

dabbler those are beautiful placemats. The prints are cheerful, and the pattern is nice. That is how it works sometimes with something happening right when you really need it. I am so sorry for the sadness, and loss of this special person. I said a prayer for all who need comforting at this time. Enjoy your beautiful placemats, and napkins.

nancia 03-06-2012 12:28 PM

dabbler-- so sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law. it is so hard to accept. hugs, thoughts and prayers to your family.

dabbler312 03-06-2012 03:11 PM

Thanks JuneBillie and Nancia for your kind thoughts and prayers; it will get better with time and thinking happy thoughts of Ann; she wouldn't want any of us to be sad.