Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   One Pair Pieced & Quilted Placemat Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/one-pair-pieced-quilted-placemat-swap-t174889.html)

abdconsultant 03-11-2012 06:42 PM

Great placemats MaryMo & cjr!

MaryMo 03-12-2012 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]319204[/ATTACH]
Placemats and mug rugs sent to JuneBillie for this swap. I'm finally figuring out camera, computer program and Quilting Board to download pictures successfully .... at least for now and maybe tomorrow. :confused:

JuneBillie 03-12-2012 09:29 AM

MaryMo, they are just beautiful, and the mug rugs are so beautiful too. I will use each and everyone of these. I will display them proudly. You put in a lot of work on them, and did such wonderful work. Thank you so much. I appreciate these more than you can know. I also thank you for working so hard to put your pictures up. Oh, I just love the mug rugs with them. Thank you! Thank you!

JuneBillie 03-12-2012 10:48 AM

OK, my husband just came back from the post office with these incredible place mats and mug rugs. The pictures though nice do not do them justice. There are little red lady bugs in parts of green leaves, there are different pieces of spring like pinks, different shades of spring like greens, tiny flowers, on the back of the mug rugs are my favorite humming birds. There is the beautiful quilt block on the front of the place mats, and very nice stitching that will hold up forever. But, though it is all amazing, there is one part that is truly amazing, ORIGAMI. The flowers are stitched origami, both on the mug rugs, and on one side of the place mats. The stems on the place mats are done with ribbon and knots effect. A very nice and 3D effect using these techniques. These place mats and mug rugs were worth the wait and more. MaryMo also included a nice letter, and a little bag with some mint herbs to grow. I am ready for spring thanks to MaryMo. I am humbled by these!! God Bless You MaryMo.

abdconsultant 03-13-2012 04:48 AM

Great, Now everyone has completed this swap, thank you ladies for a great experience, after my round mug rug swap we may try another placemat swap. Thanks again!

SewExtremeSeams 03-13-2012 05:12 AM

MaryMo, I love your placemats and mug rugs. I especially like your rounded corners... it adds a very nice touch. Where did you find information on origami folded flowers in fabric? That also is intriguing! :)

MaryMo 03-13-2012 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5056000)
MaryMo, I love your placemats and mug rugs. I especially like your rounded corners... it adds a very nice touch. Where did you find information on origami folded flowers in fabric? That also is intriguing! :)

I enjoy folding paper, so developed a love for origami and use it in storytelling. This led to finding a books at the library - Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat and Quiltagami by Mary Jo Hiney. Still practicing so there will be more on future projects ... challenging and intriguing.
Corners did not start out rounded but I was having difficulty with mitered corners on these projects.
Thanks for your comments ....