Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   One Pair Pieced & Quilted Placemat Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/one-pair-pieced-quilted-placemat-swap-t174889.html)

abdconsultant 02-12-2012 08:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
wow ladies, I'm impressed!
Thinking about my day: I live on a farm with animals, so usually a topic of conversation with my husband at dinner time has to do with the animals. Their health, eating habits, playfulness etc. so he always tells me all about them almost like we are meeting for the first time. Thus tell me about your day includes animals.
My swap partner likes blue and has "Toasted carrots" as the color of her eating area. Rust and orange are some of my favorite colors too! I made these matching panels into placemats for her.
I pieced on the border and the side to give them width. I used felt as the batting and quilted the front to the batting free form before I put the back on. In hind site I wish I had added the binding, not turned the backing. Oh well I hope she likes them anyway. I also made two luncheon napkins.
PS: My hubby eats off of a rubber placemat with paper napkins,
You would think he was raised in a "barn"...:thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311153[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311155[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311158[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311159[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311161[/ATTACH]
I can't wait to see them all!

MaryMo 02-12-2012 01:01 PM

really beautiful ... love the colors and the styling!

Donna H-M 02-12-2012 06:31 PM

abd love your placemats. Such nice fabrics :) Didn't think of rubber for DH!
I'm quilting mine now. Plan on doing a faux piped binding which I have never done. Hope it comes out nice.

dabbler312 02-12-2012 11:08 PM

I love the animal placemats with the luncheon napkins.

JuneBillie 02-15-2012 10:00 PM

Placemats

4 Attachment(s)
I have a couple of pics of what I have been working on for my swap partner, but it is not finished yet. I have most of it pieced, but not sandwiched or quilted. I will have that done in plenty of time. I ended up just doing a simple basic lay out, due to the picture scheme combination. I will call this "Mary's Garden," because during our communicating she said she loves sunflowers, herb and other gardening. I also love flowers, and the humming birds that come around them. I am also a new quilter/sewer, so I have a lot of room for improvement, but I have been having fun while learning, and love it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]312432[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312435[/ATTACH]

Donna H-M 02-16-2012 05:22 AM

Very nice JuneBillie!!! That sunflower fabic is so pretty, it all goes together so nicely. I'm sure your partner will love them! :)

dabbler312 02-16-2012 06:51 AM

JuneBillie I love your sunflower and daisy garden themed placemats - great fabric selections.

abdconsultant 02-16-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 4979279)
I have a couple of pics of what I have been working on for my swap partner, but it is not finished yet. I have most of it pieced, but not sandwiched or quilted. I will have that done in plenty of time. I ended up just doing a simple basic lay out, due to the picture scheme combination. I will call this "Mary's Garden," because during our communicating she said she loves sunflowers, herb and other gardening. I also love flowers, and the humming birds that come around them. I am also a new quilter/sewer, so I have a lot of room for improvement, but I have been having fun while learning, and love it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]312432[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312435[/ATTACH]

Wow great job and i love the combination you chose, the pictures you posted are incredible also. Your partner will love them!

JuneBillie 02-16-2012 06:36 PM

Thanks Everyone, I just got home not long ago. Had an appointment today to one of my doctors, and I had forgot about it until I got the call. But, something wonderful happen. See where we live we don't have a local fabric shop. Well, we passed one today that is about an hour and a half from where we live. I was able to pick up some labels, and a pen for fabric. My husband surprised me with a Moda Candy Bar Pack. It was a good day. I look forward to seeing everyone's placemats. All of you encourage me. Thanks.

MaryMo 02-16-2012 07:02 PM

Yea! Great day for you!