Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Postage Stamp (1 ½" squares) Swap - Sign Up deadline June 13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/postage-stamp-1-%BD%22-squares-swap-sign-up-deadline-june-13-a-t42104.html)

oksewglad 06-23-2010 07:36 PM

tooMuchFabric--these are just wonderful! The WIP batik will be lovely when finished. Do you PP or not? Either way beautiful quilts. When you unpack the others--show them here!

goldendog55 06-23-2010 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I'll show you one of my miniatures. It is a dollhouse scale 1:12. That means if a regular quilt for a bed is 4 feet by 5 feet, the dollhouse quilt is 4 inches by 5 inches. I put a quarter next to it, so you can compare. Each pillow and each block are 1 1/2 inches. Each block contains 17 pieces. The total size of the quilt is 5 inches by 7 inches. The little flap at the end would go over the end of the bed. I have to be careful I don't lose this quilt!

oksewglad 06-23-2010 08:21 PM

Judy Such neat little square in a square blocks!

Are we getting off topic?--maybe should start a new thread with our itty bitty's.

SewExtremeSeams 06-23-2010 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
OK, I'll show you one of my miniatures. It is a dollhouse scale 1:12. That means if a regular quilt for a bed is 4 feet by 5 feet, the dollhouse quilt is 4 inches by 5 inches. I put a quarter next to it, so you can compare. Each pillow and each block are 1 1/2 inches. Each block contains 17 pieces. The total size of the quilt is 5 inches by 7 inches. The little flap at the end would go over the end of the bed. I have to be careful I don't lose this quilt!

I am impressed and in awe of your work. Do you pp for the squares with 17 pieces in them? I am intrigued with itty bitty quilts, so guess I will just have to dive in and learn to work with small pieces.

Thanks for sharing!

tooMuchFabric 06-23-2010 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Do you PP or not? Either way beautiful quilts. When you unpack the others--show them here!

Thanks so much, I'm glad they please.
Some of them are PPd, such as the batik Compass, but most of them are pieced - strip pieced in some cases, but usually pieced from individually cut bits.

tooMuchFabric 06-23-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
Each pillow and each block are 1 1/2 inches. Each block contains 17 pieces. The total size of the quilt is 5 inches by 7 inches. The little flap at the end would go over the end of the bed. I have to be careful I don't lose this quilt!

These are so Cute!

goldendog55 06-23-2010 09:21 PM

Mine are PP.

TammyD 06-24-2010 04:08 AM

Thanks for posting pictures of your work! I love them all! It makes me want my little squares even more! :D

oksewglad 06-24-2010 08:12 AM

Check out the miniature section and the paper pieced section--you will find postings of many small quilt projects there.

StitchinJoy 06-24-2010 03:26 PM

One more week and the swap is over and the teensy tiny squares will be winging our way again. I can't wait to see what fabrics show up in my mailbox. Woohoo!! Thanks to all who participated and extra special thanks to Missi!