Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Rhonda 05-22-2013 10:58 AM

When deciding what to send for the goodies swap we need to keep the amt of items included to a limit.

I suggest(ONLY a suggestion) you limit the amt to what you can put in an 8" by 6" envelope. This is not a requirement but I think we need to avoid one person getting a huge amt and one person getting only one item.
If you make a tote bag and it won't fit in an 8" x 6" envelope no problem send it however you need to.
On the other hand you dont' have to fill that envelope to stuffed either.

I'm not putting any limits on this. Use your best judgement so it is all fair to everyone. I want this to be fun and quick and no hurt feelings.

To my knowledge all have been happy so far and noone has had any problems. I just thought since I suggested other items to swap I needed to clarify a bit.

lynnie 05-22-2013 12:01 PM

Rhonda, thanks for hosting again, and clarifying everything and shipping dates.
now, will someone please send me some chocolate chip icecream, you can make it fit
in an envelope. it's hot here today in the upper 70's. tornado watches for upstate NY.
The pool opens officially Friday. it's been uncovered for over a month, and I bet it's just warm enough.
i'm so glad the aircon man came yesterday to set the air back on. happy quilting everyone. have fun

carrot 05-22-2013 12:46 PM

Lynnie...........don't be surprised if your package is "dripping" !!!!

Foxflower 05-22-2013 05:50 PM

You can send some heat to us. It froze last night and has been windy and cold during the day.

lynnie 05-23-2013 07:56 AM

severe thunderstorms last night here. the thunder was rolling for about one minute straight. now it's about 70, and humid. the humidity makes it feel hotter. maybe a trip to the beach is in order for the day.

stitchingpost 05-23-2013 10:07 AM

Ok ladies...iam here..will be in touch..there was a misunderstanding.and its Alllllllllllllllllll good..lolol.i really didnt know I was in the scrap bag,swap.really didnt..i thought it was closed,,and I didnt check back in..i got a pm..from vanogay ..bliss her heart..saying she is my parttner,,and I didnt know what for.Now I know...lolol.sooooooooooo.iam making her something real special..and will be a few days late getting it out.but she knows alllll bout it,,and think the same way bout me too..sooooooooo it allll good and under control,now it may not really be in the bag line ,,but it has bags on it or pockets should I say,,i know she will like it..,sorry I will be late but I just found out bout me doing this a couple days ago

stitchingpost 05-23-2013 10:13 AM

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh vanogay I need you address pm to me please.

Vanogay 05-23-2013 02:40 PM

We're good stitchingpost - send you a PM and will be sending a package either this weekend or Tuesday.

Vanogay 05-23-2013 02:41 PM

Should have said that I'm good with Quiltermomma as well - exchanged addresses with her as well for the goodie bag - tomorrow morning both packages will get started and perhaps finished!!!

QuilterMomma 05-23-2013 03:04 PM

I am very priviledged to be swapping with Vanogay. She is awesome. Well, now to start going thru things. If I am correct, she likes some antique blocks, I have magazines, maybe some of those patterns that I will never make, have some of those, does she like applique? Will ponder these things unless she answers them.