Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

marilyn43 06-13-2014 05:38 PM

Hi everyone. I just joined this eve. I am wondering about the scrapboard exchange. What will measurments be and what kind of projects for the scrappy fabrics. I'm a fairly new quilter so have lots to learn. What is the time limit for the projects? Thank you so much.

Rhonda 06-13-2014 06:27 PM

Hi marilyn I just host a swap when I have anyone interested. it can be anything you want to swap. Some like to make an item like a mugrug or they swap scraps. It's pretty open to suggestion. The only limit I put on it is I need at least 4 people wanting to swap.

Otherwise this is a place to share your scrappy projects and or share ideas for scrappys. We love pictures and love new ideas. So feel free to share anything you like on here that is scrappy!

marilyn43 06-13-2014 09:09 PM

Hi Rhonda, I'd love to join in on this. Where will I find the rules and the ok that you are going to have this swap?

Rhonda 06-13-2014 09:15 PM

I'll post a swap list and if we get enough people at least 4 to participate then you will get a partner and you will share and exchange info with your partner. Deadline is usually 2 weeks for these small swaps. All posts will be here on this thread.

Rhonda 06-13-2014 09:24 PM

Item Swap!!!!

Anyone up for another swap?

You can make any item you like as long as it is small. --- mugrug/ small purse / small table topper (no more than 12") / scissors holder/ pincushion any other item you can think of that is small.

You can talk to your partner and make sure what you make will be something your partner can use.
All info is between you and your partner. You will exchange addresses and send to each other not to me!

1. Marilyn43

rwquilts 06-18-2014 04:33 AM

Those are so pretty Rhonda! Great color combo's!

sewred 06-19-2014 04:35 AM

I'll join ! I haven't been in a swap in forever!

ube quilting 07-04-2014 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just found this scrappy club thread thanks to R and the wall hanging swap she hosts. She suggested I post my latest work in progress so here it is, my first ride on the ever popular spiderweb:

It will be 6 x6 rows when done and I used the pattern from the blog spot, QUILTVILLE.com

I added the red center to my pattern and decided what size I wanted it to be so it would be an accent and not overpower the rest of the quilt, then proceeded to make them to big. Now I am redoing the top two rows and reducing the size of those red squares.:D

I am happiest in my scrap pile!!
peace

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481490[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 07-04-2014 06:42 AM

ubeq--love the purple and red stars--very nice!

Rhonda 07-04-2014 09:08 AM

Sorry the swap didn't happen. It is hard to get enough interest here.