Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

javin22 12-14-2012 11:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was just thinking a few days ago about asking to swap scraps with others and I just found this swap. I have used the fabrics so much in many projects that I am sick of looking at my fabric scraps and would like some different ones. I would like to swap a flat rate padded envelope full with someone. I have lots of fall colors, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentines, 4th of July ect. All scraps are 100% cotton. I would like to trade for any similar color 100% cotton scraps. I don't like neons or reproductions, but most any others would be great.
The first photo is my scraps. I store them in the bags that sheet sets come in. The second photo is a scrappy little 6" block that I am working on.

Rhonda 12-14-2012 11:54 PM

Welcome javin22 Love your 6" blocks. That's right up my alley. I may have to play with this idea. Do you have a tute to show how you make them?

Rhonda 12-14-2012 11:59 PM

Here is the SCRAP SWAP list for signing up by Dec 17

This is what I have so far. If I have missed you and you want to join in please let me know!

1.carrot
2.sew4nin
3.Debbie73521
4.reginalovesfabric ?
5.SandyinZ4
6.LoupEsprit
7.Sewred
8.javin22
9.hearthhush

Rhonda 12-15-2012 12:07 AM

Okay those who are in the swap please post what you want and what you have to send. this will give me a better idea of who to put together for partners! Thanks all!!

The only requirement for sending is listening to your partner and hopefully you both will get what you would like.
Make sure the fabric is good fabric and not flimsy stuff or poor quality.
Also discuss pet free or smoke free with your partner if you need to.

Rhonda 12-15-2012 12:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is another of my own projects. I made this along time ago probably 20 years ago or so. I love to use scraps and strips for variety. This is a wall hanging or table topper I've used it both ways over the years.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382286[/ATTACH]

These are some doll quilts I made for the doll quilt swap on here a couple of years ago
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382287[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]382288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382289[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 12-15-2012 05:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rhonda showed someones Sunny Lanes in red and yellow. Here is mine in blue.

yellowwroses 12-15-2012 05:37 AM

sounds like fun count me in
judy

sewred 12-15-2012 05:38 AM

I am open to whatever sizes, prints, and or colors. I don't have a preference and I have to much scrap fabric to list specifics but will absolutely do my best to adhere to my swap partners requests.

Elisabrat 12-15-2012 05:45 AM

ohhh I am a lurker here but that quilt poker diva is amazing! I hang all my doll quilts in my sewing room. Keeps the room bright and exciting. some go on the table as table mats some on the front door as holiday welcome signs.. oodles of uses since I dont have any dolls! I find fabric to be a precious commodity. I am hard pressed to throw scraps in the trash always thinking I could find a use for that. but 3x3 is the smallest I will save . the rest I give to those who use even smaller pieces. I love love the samples here being shown. I had purchased a scrappy book last fall and was so disappointed. The scrappy quilts werent scrappy at all. They were all color coordinated and big quilts with way too many pieces of the same fabric yardage even and to me that is not scrappy.

Annaquilts 12-15-2012 08:09 AM

Rhonda I love those scrappies. I have a whole box of older calicoes, probably 70ies or later. I buy them off other people. The only thing I worry about is that other people would not like them to trade or in projects I make. Maybe one timethey will be sought after like the 1930 fabrics. :D

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 5721042)
Here is another of my own projects. I made this along time ago probably 20 years ago or so. I love to use scraps and strips for variety. This is a wall hanging or table topper I've used it both ways over the years.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382286[/ATTACH]

These are some doll quilts I made for the doll quilt swap on here a couple of years ago
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382287[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]382288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382289[/ATTACH]