Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

owlvamp 12-05-2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by cwessel47 (Post 5700425)
Are you SURE about the puzzle you posted? I can find lots of the words - but Babylock is giving me some trouble ( actually all of the "B" words but I'm giving up). There is only one "Y" in the puzzle and I am not finding the work I am looking for! A scrap lover's thread will be a wonderful addition. Thanks Rhonda!

Yes babylock is there. I love word search puzzles. Keep them coming.

LoupEsprit 12-05-2012 03:33 PM

Ooh pretty, Rhonda! I especially like the last one! :)

Rhonda 12-05-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5700691)
Ooh pretty, Rhonda! I especially like the last one! :)

The last one makes me think of stained glass

huntannette 12-05-2012 03:45 PM

sticksnstones a work in progree

2 Attachment(s)
hmmm have to start over......lol this pattern I found in Quilter`s World October 2012...it`s called sticksnstones and was designed by Ann Sheffield. Instead of using 2 1/2 " squares for the stones , i used paper pieced scraps ....used a 3" wide adding machine paper roll to sew my scraps to......this will eventually go to Charisma since it is from one of our trades...most of the scraps are hers.....i have made a few quilts using this method with paper piecing onto the roll....hope this helps

Originally Posted by LoisM (Post 5700439)
You have me intrigued! Can't wait to see some of your WIP.

LoupEsprit 12-05-2012 03:45 PM

yes, me too! Is it just HSTs set on point, with sashing?

Granna of 5 12-05-2012 03:47 PM

This thread may have sparked my interest, I have a lot of 2" strips and would like to find something neat to make with them. I will keep watching to see what is transpiring, I very well may be in. I need a boost to get me going.

huntannette 12-05-2012 03:47 PM

love your minis....nice work

Belfrybat 12-05-2012 03:55 PM

Holey moley, folks -- I love your ideas. And thanks for mentioning mug rugs -- I think I'll whip up a few tonight for the three holiday pals swap I'm taking part in here and on another forum. I'll post pics tomorrow or when they are finished.

huntannette 12-05-2012 03:57 PM

yeah ......can`t wait to see, i need ideas to make them.....what size are thy????

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5700722)
Holey moley, folks -- I love your ideas. And thanks for mentioning mug rugs -- I think I'll whip up a few tonight for the three holiday pals swap I'm taking part in here and on another forum. I'll post pics tomorrow or when they are finished.

sweetana3 12-06-2012 03:54 AM

I took all the scraps leftover from a civil war quilt kit and made a Country Threads mini log cabin quilt. Since it only needed approx. 1 inch wide scraps, it was perfect. Then a friend was throwing out tiny pieces of coordinated fabric so I made a couple of 8 X 10 inch french braid quilts.

I use a lot of paper piecing when dealing with little scraps to keep me from becoming frustrated.