Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Rhonda 12-31-2012 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by javin22 (Post 5753475)
Rhonda- I just wanted to let you know that Vena and I successfully swapped with each other and we both love our new stash of scraps. Thanks for hosing this. I am so excited to have new scraps to work with. Vinae

Great thanks for letting me know!

Rhonda 12-31-2012 09:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are some tops I started and have in progress. the first two are lap size quilts for my twin grandsons Devon and Daymon. I had done a top for my 14 yr old grandson as a baby quilt and embroidered all the family names on it for him. My DIL saw it and wanted one for each of the twins. They are regrettably still in progress LOL

The heart quilt is applique. I love love playing with hearts. It was so much fun to do this one that I couldn't part with it. I baste the edges under and then top stitch them to the background block. or I used a herringbone stitch on some blocks to cover the raw edges.

Just a few more ideas.

Rhonda 12-31-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 (Post 5752720)
I just found this post today. Don't know how I missed it. I love scrap quilts and save almost any size scrap and try to keep them separated by color or theme. I just saw this quilt in an Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine and think it will be my next scrap quilt. I really like yellow so I'm pretty sure the yellow will be my background color, and then just pull scraps randomly to make the half circles. Have really enjoyed reading everyone's comments. Ssnare, I'm going to have to look for that magazine. I have a LOT of 2" blocks sewn together. Maybe they would work.

this is a really neat quilt! Love the look they get with the comb of drunkard's path and the strips

judy_68 01-01-2013 07:24 AM

I love everybodys quilts. Of course mine all look much more scrappy than all of yours. lol

SandyinZ4 01-01-2013 07:55 AM

Rhonda, You are so creative. Your heart quilt is divine!

rwquilts 01-01-2013 08:49 AM

I love all the scrappy possibilities! I can't wait to get home to get my scraps out (again, as I'm always working on something using them) and see what I want to tackle first? I love the scrappy Ohio Star block you posted Rhonda...I too have some scrappy friendship blocks...mine are 6" and I might dig them out again. :) Should be able to get sewing tomorrow! Happy New Years's Everyone!

QuilterMomma 01-02-2013 10:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished two scrap quilts that were my UFOs, I followed with PorkerDiva and put in a base color and it worked. Otherwise my true scrappy was going all over the place because i did just grab and sew. I like doing that but was not coming to the right size for me either.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385395[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385396[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 01-02-2013 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5757061)
Finished two scrap quilts that were my UFOs, I followed with PorkerDiva and put in a base color and it worked. Otherwise my true scrappy was going all over the place because i did just grab and sew. I like doing that but was not coming to the right size for me either.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385395[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385396[/ATTACH]

Very nice QuilterMomma! I like how they turned out.

Muse&Sew 01-02-2013 01:33 PM

Pollyjavn9 & Foxflower I love both of your quilt idea's. Very pretty quilts.
Rhonda, I love your Ohio Star & the heart quilt.
There sure are a lot of idea's! Now to decide which quilt to start with.

kay carlson 01-03-2013 09:46 AM

QuilterMama, I like both quilts. PokerDiva, your suggestion was right on target. Thanks to both of you for sharing!
Sew on piecefully ;-)