Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-new-year-swap-february-2011-a-t91599.html)

BonniFeltz 02-21-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by dream56
Just popping in to see how everyone is doing - kind of quiet out there lately.

Oh I could tell you a story about this project for February. LOL...
it goes from cutting the main fabric. Making mistakes and redoing it. Cut the other fabric 3 times (couldn't get the size I wanted), then found out that I marked the fabric wrong so had to erase the markings. Not a problem. All water solvent so no big thing. THEN noticed that the towel I used to get rid of a stubborn one had some color on it. OOPS!

Took the fabric and washed it and set it out to dry.

This morning I ironed it.
As I was ironing it, it dawned on me that I shouldn't have marked that fabric anyway. The actual fabric that I need to mark was sitting over in the corner of the room. THAT fabric I know needs to be prewashed so that is on the agenda tonight.

Adventures in Quilting!!!
<chuckling>

mim 02-21-2011 07:22 AM

I'm partnered with McQuilter (Sue) again. I'm almost finished with my Feb project. Just finishing the binding on a table runner that I really like -- I have one block left over that I will use to make one for myself. -- I'll post the back fabric when I take pix.

We leave Destin, FL on Sat morning and won't get to Olympia til the 10th or so of March so I will have to pass on March. I'll be busy making curtains and buying furniture for the new condo out there.

On the way west we will be visiting quilters that I have never actually seen but beeen friends with for over 10 years.

Mim

BonniFeltz 02-21-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by mim
I'm partnered with McQuilter (Sue) again. I'm almost finished with my Feb project. Just finishing the binding on a table runner that I really like -- I have one block left over that I will use to make one for myself. -- I'll post the back fabric when I take pix.

We leave Destin, FL on Sat morning and won't get to Olympia til the 10th or so of March so I will have to pass on March. I'll be busy making curtains and buying furniture for the new condo out there.

On the way west we will be visiting quilters that I have never actually seen but beeen friends with for over 10 years.

Mim

How great that you get to see some quilting friends. I recently got to meet some and had a great visit.

dream56 02-21-2011 08:15 AM

Mim sounds like a great trip - we will however miss you next month. Have a safe trip and have fun sewing for your new condo.

BonniFeltz 02-21-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by dream56
Mim sounds like a great trip - we will however miss you next month. Have a safe trip and have fun sewing for your new condo.

And post pictures! (grins)

pennyj123 02-21-2011 02:34 PM

Well now, Dream56 i have 2 blocks done so far, not many i know for being a miniature block, but they are fiddly, have you found that out yet. LOL. :)

dream56 02-21-2011 02:37 PM

They are alittle more touchy in miniature.

abonda 02-21-2011 05:33 PM

Thanks dream56 for letting me know about the February site.
I forgot to take a picture of it and I know that Emily doesn't post pictures so........... unfortunately? bummer

anyway quiltingbee12 is my partner and I made her a doll quilt that she wanted and she is making me a table mat that I wanted

dream56 02-21-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
Thanks dream56 for letting me know about the February site.
I forgot to take a picture of it and I know that Emily doesn't post pictures so........... unfortunately? bummer

anyway quiltingbee12 is my partner and I made her a doll quilt that she wanted and she is making me a table mat that I wanted

Too bad you didn't take a photo - we love seeing finished items. You are one the ball getting your item completed - hope you had fun.

mim 02-22-2011 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my table runner for McQuilter -- just a peek -- I will wait til later for the whole thing. I took the pix this morning

Sue's table runner -- feb swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163784[/ATTACH]