Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-4th-wall-hanging-swap-july-0ct-2013-a-t224434.html)

Rhonda 08-19-2013 11:48 AM

Reminds me of an old cartoon from the 40s/50s LOL MGM did a cartoon of Bing Crosby as a Rooster and all the hens would swoon over him LOL

JNCT14 08-19-2013 12:04 PM

Oh I just love that and the Romeo Jr!!!! It will have log cabins on point on the bottom in little flower pots and either a white board or pockets to hold envelopes, pens, stamps, etc. I am leaning towards the white board though.

DustysMomma 08-19-2013 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 6243655)
I already have a name for him! Romeo Jr., RJ for short:D
peace

I almost fell over laughing when I read this! There was a guy they called RJ in my mom's neighborhood when I was in high school. I'm thinking that rooster fits his personality pretty well! :)

jaba 08-19-2013 05:55 PM

I knew he had attitude!!

Elisabrat 08-19-2013 06:18 PM

oh you need more gold shoes. I can not wear heals but you can wear them for me! I would wear those if I could. hey can I borrow them take a pic while sitting and send them right back? I have ballet flats in velvet in my closet. waiting for one day when I need to get fancier. beat its like in Dec lots of snow never work or mid summer velvet really> so for now I wear moccasins and am happy. :)

Ok next Romeo needs a rose in his beak or under his wing or something for his babe to be! great job on him, mine is a bit less refined. I cant draw realistic critters so mine are always cartoon like :(

jaba 08-19-2013 06:37 PM

Well you're ahead of me missy, I can't draw either one. Now I know if I need one, you are my artist miss brat!! Guess if I could find a coloring book with what I wanted in it, I could maybe get it traced. Don't think that would work either, I can't paper piece worth a darn.

JNCT14 08-20-2013 01:31 AM

Paper piece my toes. I hate paper piecing and this is just fusible web! I copied the rooster from a potholder using graph paper just to get the proportions correct. Break it into simple shapes like puzzle pieces.

ube quilting 08-20-2013 05:02 AM

Good day every one, I'm on vacation this week and have two projects going. My WH is almost ready for quilting and I am preparing a big quilt for the LAM.

will post a few shots soon.
peace

jaba 08-20-2013 05:03 AM

JNCT14 you've given me new hope, may have to try that next time I need a little "funky character"

ube quilting 08-20-2013 05:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a sampling of what may be my WH swap piece. There are a few more ideas floating around in my brain so more offerings to come.

This is the first time I tried using my Bloc- Loc ruler to square up my HST blocks. It works great. The blocks squared up and nice points at intersections:D.

I call this The Last Summer Rose

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431269[/ATTACH]peace

EDIT: For those of you with a good eye, you may notice I put the bottom row on up side down. I wanted to alternate the rust and brown blocks. The row mysteriously got turned around when pinning it. So I will be doing some un- sewing!