Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's 5th Wall Hanging Swap - Nov 1 - Feb 28 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-5th-wall-hanging-swap-nov-1-feb-28-a-t233806.html)

Likethedog 01-06-2014 12:03 PM

Mine has to do with spring flowers, as well....

ube quilting 01-06-2014 01:55 PM

Some of us are on the same train! I am anxious to see these projects.
peace

Everose 01-07-2014 07:53 PM

Happy New Year's to all you quilters! Just got back from vacation and such - yes, my computer didn't work while we were gone. Had a house fire 2 days before we left. Thank the Lord, I was home so that I could call 911. I was the crazy lady standing on the sidewalk holding my red purse (we must have a pop of color, I'm told), wearing my purple booties, ugly pj's and long winter coat. It was at 8:30 a.m. and wasn't really ready for the day. Really wanted to go back into the house, take a shower, and say to all the firemen, police and ambulance people - I DON'T USUALLY LOOK THIS BAD. Now that we have been allowed into the house to live on the main floor, the cleaning company has boxed, packed and carted away all my fabric, sewing supplies and sewing machines along with all the rest of the furniture and belongings in the basement. The plumber and electrician are coming back tomorrow, but the cleaning company has been called away to another emergency. And I thought 2014 would be a quiet year! So yes I have the top done on the wall hanging, and it was upstairs, but... the waiting now starts as to when the machines will be found.

jaba 01-07-2014 09:00 PM

OMG everose, I am so sorry this happened to you. Had a house fire once over a can opener and everything had to be replaced and redone. Sounds like you have good insurance though and it may take awhile to get your things back but it will all be cleaned and done right. Thankfully you can get back into your house, which is a good thing and your in familiar surroundings...I had to live in a motel with 2 kids for 3 months. It will get better and 2014 is going to be great for all of us!!

ube quilting 01-08-2014 01:03 PM

Everose, Sorry to hear about your misfortune and glad to hear no one was hurt. It will be a good year knowing this. I think the WH should be on the bottom of your list of things to worry about. Take care and get back into some semblance of order in your life. Maybe it's time to take up hand stitching!:D Stay safe.
peace

Rhonda 01-08-2014 02:36 PM

Everrose so sorry you had a fire to deal with. I am sure you will get your wh back in good shape! No problem you can enter it next time if you dont' get it back by Feb 28.

I hope your year gets alot better in the coming months!

quiltjoey 01-08-2014 08:44 PM

Everose, so sorry to hear about the fire and damage to your home. So thankful you and your family are safe... :)

Everose 01-09-2014 08:16 PM

Thanks for all your support! Yes we are fine - and when we sell the house next year, we can say "it is updated". The dryer, oven and range were hooked up today. Now I really can go grocery shopping and cook again. Went to quilting at the church today. Came home with even more scraps to play with. Started doing hexagons about 6 months ago, so they are my hands on project. Finished one lap quilt now, I can start on another. And if I really get the itch, the ladies at church said I could use the sewing machines there. And I stopped at the library and picked up a couple books. I'm set for the weekend!!!

Quilty-Louise 01-12-2014 01:23 PM

I need to add borders, than sandwich, quilt & bind mine.

It is mainly dots and stripes in fairly bright colors. That
is unless I change my mind (again) and start over (again).

LOL

javin22 01-12-2014 07:15 PM

I got the top done. Now to put the layers together and quilt it and then bind. Mine is also in spring colors. I will post a pic when it is done.