Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's 5th Wall Hanging Swap - Nov 1 - Feb 28 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-5th-wall-hanging-swap-nov-1-feb-28-a-t233806.html)

amyjo 11-22-2013 08:55 AM

I made a trip online to a new site, someone on here said had nice stuff, reasonable--so I ordered a yard each of yellow, lavender, purple, lilac, green. It should be here on Monday. Can't wait to get started.

JNCT14 11-23-2013 02:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
AmyJo - whats the site??? I am going to hit Joann's on the 30th in the morning for their Quilters Showcase fabric sale.

Here is the finished WH. Last chance if you guys don't like it I still have time to make something else! (and no, my feelings won't be hurt, hahahaha).

skaduzy 11-23-2013 06:51 AM

I like it!!

I FOUND the pattern I want to use for my wall hanging. Guess what, it was in the file cabinet under 'Wallhangings'.
right where it belongs. I actually put it away right!

Happy (early) Thanksgiving to all. I am going on vacation. Be back December...........

ube quilting 11-23-2013 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 6419799)
AmyJo - whats the site??? I am going to hit Joann's on the 30th in the morning for their Quilters Showcase fabric sale.

Here is the finished WH. Last chance if you guys don't like it I still have time to make something else! (and no, my feelings won't be hurt, hahahaha).

J, I give it a big thumbs up. Tell us how you attached them to each other and can come apart for place mats. A very cool idea.
peace

Amyjo, Yes tell, tell us the site you found.

I am still looking for a pattern for my WH. I don't have a clue yet as to what I want to do.
peace

ube quilting 11-23-2013 11:47 AM

Hi every one. Rhonda, I am still waiting to hear from Bilben of the Yukon. I don't know how long it should take to get there from PA. This Monday will be two weeks. My tracking # has that it went through Jamaica NY and then nothing. I guess it doesn't track into Canada. I sent the tracking # to Bilben but don't know if she can pick it up on her side of the border. I am beginning to feel a little discouraged that yet another package has been lost on route.

I am sorry Bilben and if after a length of whatever time is appropriate to wait, I will make another WH for you and send it insured, priority plus and what ever else I have to do to get it there. Maybe deliver it myself!:D on dog sled.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone
peace
peace

amyjo 11-24-2013 07:48 AM

Persephone's Creations.com Someone on the board said it was a good place and I found fabric that will all coordinate for what I wan to make for my wall hanging. Now if I can get it going as soon as the fab comes.

look under new to me online website. persephonescreations.com

Someone had a new thread about online fab shop and she is also on facebook to like.

Quilty-Louise 11-24-2013 08:08 AM

YES I just found that website also. Have you seen the
Peacock Paradise II collection? totally LOVE that collection
wish I could afford several yards of all the fabrics.

I also found that Northcott has that peacock paradise II
collection in browns (which I would not ever buy sinceI
don't like brown).

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 6421763)
Persephone's Creations.com Someone on the board said it was a good place and I found fabric that will all coordinate for what I wan to make for my wall hanging. Now if I can get it going as soon as the fab comes.

look under new to me online website. persephonescreations.com

Someone had a new thread about online fab shop and she is also on facebook to like.

JNCT14 11-24-2013 11:58 AM

Hey Ube I simply made a carrier strip (you can use wide grosgrain ribbon as well) and put buttons on it. Each circle has a ribbon loop on the back to hang on the button. Hey does anyone know if you can post pictures from your phone in the Advanced section under Manage Attachments? I made the Spinning Stars from the pattern that Sue sent me but I will have to post from my computer if not.

ube quilting 11-24-2013 01:00 PM

J, That is a great idea. Thanks. I am still in the stumped as to what I want to do. I want to try something different so I can do something creative and make good use of the WH at the same time. I am looking into some applique which I don't do much of. I am looking for a theme, too.
peace

JNCT14 11-25-2013 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a quick table runner with the pattern Skaduzy sent me. Thanks Sue! I want to try a full size quilt with this after I crawl out from under my other projects.....