Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap in August - Partners are now Posted!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-quilt-block-swap-august-partners-now-posted-t140227.html)

klgreene 08-31-2011 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Shelley, here's your block!!! It's Ivy. I cut off the top a tad in the picture, but this was close to the correct color. My new camera just isn't as good with the color as my old kodak. Should have gotten another Kodak!

IVY - Wk 24
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249674[/ATTACH]

sgardner 09-02-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Very pretty. Who is it for?

Originally Posted by sgardner
Everyone, meet Luella. (Week 8)

My block went to Katie. My first partner had some family emergencies and had to drop out.

sgardner 09-02-2011 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Ok Shelley, here's your block!!! It's Ivy. I cut off the top a tad in the picture, but this was close to the correct color. My new camera just isn't as good with the color as my old kodak. Should have gotten another Kodak!

Oh, it's beautiful!!! I love the way that moves.

Rhonda 09-02-2011 09:17 AM

Katie that came out gorgeous! I do like that teal. I didn't use to like it but it grows on you! Great contrast!

klgreene 09-02-2011 09:21 AM

And my camera doesn't get good color, so I think it's prettier in person.

klgreene 09-02-2011 09:21 AM

And my camera doesn't get good color, so I think it's prettier in person.

klgreene 09-02-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by sgardner
Everyone, meet Luella. (Week 8)

She's my very first Drunkard's Path, made from a bunch of scrap pieces of Batik that I bought at the LQS over the weekend. The blue on the corners is really a blue/purple, but my camera doesn't like to get purple accurate, even in the sunlight.

Oh I love this block. The picture doesn't do it justice. And you did a great job on your drunkard path. Thanks so much. Katie

Rhonda 09-03-2011 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my quilt block for Bloomin'Iris. sorry it is late!
It isn't crooked it must just be the way it is laying.

Evangelina
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251215[/ATTACH]

klgreene 09-04-2011 07:58 AM

Pretty pretty Rhonda!!!! Nice points!!

BonniFeltz 09-11-2011 12:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok ladies...I thought I'd post these pix here. I've already sent my block off to my partner but I was playing with the dresden template that Rhonda had put in the package. I know the fundamentals of kaleidoscopes (even if I can't spell it) so found some fabric I thought would work. Sooo here is what you inspired Rhonda.....Not sure yet what background fabric to put the plate on. The center doesn't have it's circle on it yet because I want it to perhaps match the background it is going on. The background here is a bit more yellow so don't think i will use it. am open to suggestions for colors. I've also shown the fabric that I used for it. Comments appreciated.