Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap for June 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-quilt-block-swap-june-2013-a-t222465.html)

Rhonda 07-16-2013 09:38 PM

JB I'm glad you like my methods. I enjoy sharing them with people.

JuneBillie 07-19-2013 09:09 AM

Stitchengramie I hope to have your quilt block in the mail either tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday. I have had fun working on it. Just a bit more to do, and it will be finished. I wasn't able to get to a fabric shop so I used what I have, but I still think it will be pretty.

Quilty Hugs,
Susan

stitchengramie 07-23-2013 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 6181394)
Mary did you get the hang of making the wings block and would you do them again? I did come up with some paper templates you can try instead of using the 30 degree templates. They are like a shirt pattern. You cut out the paper pieces and pin them to fabric. cut out around them trimming them to the same size as the paper template. then you have 4 pieces and you just sew them together into the Wings Block. Might seem easier to do.

Rhonda, I love making the wing block, and I will keep making them. I used the paper templates. I cut out each template and then I pin them to my fabric pieces. Then I cut around each template. I found this way being easier for me to do. Then I sew the pieces together and use my hard template to cut out the square. I also, use the star point templates the same way.

JuneBillie 07-24-2013 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stitchengramie here is a picture of the block I made for you. I hope you can use it, because it is far from perfect and not near the quality of the first one I made. I felt in a hurry to not be any longer getting it to you. At first it looked very nice, and then when I measured it the smaller blocks were coming out a bit over so I tried taking in places, and by the end I lost the pretty points I had on almost all of it. My husband told me he could see me getting frustrated in trying to get it just right for you so I knew I better finish up. lol.. It was because he knew though that I had informed about dropping out of this swap just a little past the first week of it, and was told it would be taken care of, and that you would be sent one. When the swap was at its end I was surprised that you hadn't been sent one, so I knew you had to have one. I already knew what it was like in another swap not receiving so know matter what I would never let someone go without from me. Sorry to go on, but I felt like I should explain, and that I have as much right as anyone else to say what's on my mind. I love all the other blocks everyone has made, and will always be looking in at them as I have always done, but I will be moving on to make some pretty things again and enjoy doing it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]425781[/ATTACH]

JuneBillie 07-24-2013 08:19 PM

I almost forgot to say the block will go off in the mail tomorrow. I was a couple of days longer than I planned due to Monday my husband and me going out of town to Dr. , and today my having my physical therapy.

Rhonda 07-26-2013 09:19 PM

It looks really nice Jb! Love the colors

JuneBillie 07-26-2013 09:51 PM

Thank you Rhonda.

I have cut out the pieces to work on a hobo type bag. I took apart a long shirt type summer dress that is a casual wear around the house and yard. I am going to use it for a pattern, and see if I can make one that will work out. I had seen on the web where a person could take their favorite t-shirt, trace around it, and extend it on down measuring for hip area, use stretchy fabric and have a simple t-shirt type pullover dress. I guess I was amused by it. lol....