Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-second-wall-hanging-swap-t203903.html)

JuneBillie 03-22-2013 09:31 PM

Tracey that is very pretty.

Little RoO 03-23-2013 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5947279)
little roO, it is here!! found a package under my mailbox and so excited! i took pictures but now i can't find my camera! my house is all topsy turvy at the moment! i LOVE this wallhanging! such a beautiful heart, and all the right colors, as if you were making it for me all along! i have to confess, i've eaten almost all of the candy. house rule growing up , 'you can't use or eat a gift until your thank you is written.' well, i still have one bunny left. yummy, my son told me cadbury was better in the u.k., but frankly it tasted great to me right here at home. lol. i read the ingredients and you don't have hi-fructose corn syrup. whatever it is, i love it, too.i have welcomed the treats to their new home, my left and right hips.:D the tea and tea towel are so fun and i bet tasty. (second confession, i do not plan on eating the tea towel, no matter how tasty it looks!) and the strawberry bag is terrific! i will definitely use it as it will fit in my purse and go whither i goest. but let's get back to the really important matter at hand. you made a beautiful, no, make that gorgeous heart wall hanging. thank you sooo much! i will find my camera (probably under a stack of stash), and post the pics immediately after. you are a better partner than i deserve, but i am grateful you put so much time and effort into a lovely piece. again , thank you!

Hurray........I am so glad that it arrived safely, I was beginning to think it was doing an around the world trip....so glad you enjoyed the fun items too.....this swop was such great fun.

nancia 03-23-2013 09:30 AM

roO` my sister lived in singapore for many years and my parents lived in new england. she could make it around the world in 4 days. why does our mail take so long? and she's alot bigger than an envelope, too!

Rhonda 03-23-2013 11:59 AM

I posted a thread with all the pictures we have so far of the wall hangings that have been received.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5948509

Little RoO 03-23-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5948226)
roO` my sister lived in singapore for many years and my parents lived in new england. she could make it around the world in 4 days. why does our mail take so long? and she's alot bigger than an envelope, too!

I know, it is crazy. Ironically my husband and daughter came to New York at the beginning of March and I almost thought about giving one of them the parcel to post over there but then I thought no...that will probably take longer.....how wrong I was. I just cannot understand why a parcel should take three weeks......I wonder which is worse US post or UK post ?

queenof2802 03-23-2013 04:03 PM

Thank you! I had fun making it. It was a class that my LQS did several years ago. That one was done in pale purple and yellows. I gave it to my sister. Her favorite color is purple.

skaduzy 03-25-2013 12:12 PM

wallhangin

1 Attachment(s)
I received a very pretty wallhanging today from Tracey aka Queen of 2802. My camera is at my aunt's in Delaware (since I forgot and left it there) so I am attaching the picture that Tracey showed all of you. My Sassy cat can't leave it alone so I bet Tracey has a dog or cat at her house.
Beautiful colors in the flowers and lovely hand quilting, something I have never done.

Thanks, Tracey, it's beautiful and worth waiting for. She also sent me the thread to match.

JuneBillie 03-25-2013 12:37 PM

skaduzy I am glad you got your beautiful wall hanging.

Rhonda 03-25-2013 01:09 PM

Here is my status as of now. IF anyone has received or mailed that I am not aware of please let me know.
the lists are not connected. just have to post the dots in between or it will smush everything together LOL

Not Rec.......From.................................... Not Mailed

JuneBillie
queen -(Lovngrama).............................Lovngra-plans to mail monday 3/18
chigger- (Lynnie)...................................chigger -
Loup - (everose )..................................MaryMo - sending to JuneBillie
nancia - (Little RoO)

queenof2802 03-25-2013 03:57 PM

We do have a cat. He is an orange tabby, named Camo. My daughter wanted to name him Cami but after a few weeks his whoo haaas dropped and she was really he. We had to change the name quick. She said camouflage came in orange too, so it stuck. Anyway, I couldn't keep him off of it! He really wanted to keep it.

Glad it arrived safely. You are welcome!! I enjoyed making it for you.

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 5953710)
I received a very pretty wallhanging today from Tracey aka Queen of 2802. My camera is at my aunt's in Delaware (since I forgot and left it there) so I am attaching the picture that Tracey showed all of you. My Sassy cat can't leave it alone so I bet Tracey has a dog or cat at her house.
Beautiful colors in the flowers and lovely hand quilting, something I have never done.

Thanks, Tracey, it's beautiful and worth waiting for. She also sent me the thread to match.