Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

JuneBillie 08-18-2012 10:43 PM

Your tree is beautiful. I didn't at first have any idea that is where it was going. Adding the leaves, etc. is very creative. Um, I am going to have to get with it. lol.....Actually I sewed a bit last night. I have finished the main center theme of 4 blocks, but need to plan out the rest of my creation. Welcome back everyone. Welcome to this swap to others. Have fun creating and sewing.

Lv2sew2011 08-18-2012 10:50 PM

Thank you June, it really looks a lot better in person, than in the pictures, it took me almost all day just to quilt it, I have to take a lot of breaks because of my back pain, I've taking some meds and waiting for them to kick in so I can get some sleep. I feel like a zombie sometimes.
As you can see I usually do most my posting wee hours in the morning...LOL
And thank you for the welcome..
Donna

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5450728)
Your tree is beautiful. I didn't at first have any idea that is where it was going. Adding the leaves, etc. is very creative. Um, I am going to have to get with it. lol.....Actually I sewed a bit last night. I have finished the main center theme of 4 blocks, but need to plan out the rest of my creation. Welcome back everyone. Welcome to this swap to others. Have fun creating and sewing.

Everose 08-19-2012 12:12 PM

Lu2sew2011, I was thinking a tree (just because I love all the shades of them) but wasn't sure. I think your wall hanging is wonderful. I'm really going to have to get in gear, but Dh is going out of town tomorrow for the week so I will have some long days to sew.

Have a great day everyone!

nancia 08-19-2012 12:56 PM

just popping in for the moment . i have fabric to get ready for the boomerang i'm in. maybe i'll start my first block while that's running. dh broke the camera while we were in dallas, so i am waiting for him to fix it. no pics till then! sorry! welcome newcomers! donna, will that be 4 trees? those appear to be 'little' squares--the little ones scare me since i have no hope of matching the points! it sure looks lovely!!

Lv2sew2011 08-19-2012 02:08 PM

No it's just one large tree, the squares are 2 1/2" inch squares..I'm not the best on points but I try...LOL Thank you!

Donna

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5452254)
just popping in for the moment . i have fabric to get ready for the boomerang i'm in. maybe i'll start my first block while that's running. dh broke the camera while we were in dallas, so i am waiting for him to fix it. no pics till then! sorry! welcome newcomers! donna, will that be 4 trees? those appear to be 'little' squares--the little ones scare me since i have no hope of matching the points! it sure looks lovely!!

marytoddliz 08-19-2012 05:05 PM

Very nice tree, i love the leaves, are they made from felt? it is really going to make a beautiful wall hanging.

Lv2sew2011 08-20-2012 01:26 AM

Yes the leaves are made from felt. There suppose to be put on with a button hole but I haven't figure out how to do that with my machine yet...LOL

Donna

PS. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5452748)
Very nice tree, i love the leaves, are they made from felt? it is really going to make a beautiful wall hanging.

QuilterMomma 08-20-2012 10:33 AM

Wow Luv that was quick for you, not due yet. Now I feel slow, (no offense please just funning). I am working on the embroidery of ladies. Goal is to have the ladies embroidered by end of this month then will post photos. I will then have to decide what colors to sash them with to put in wall hanging. Been busy with show quilts and customer quilts right now along with canning and all that summer stuff so a bit slow, but working on it none the less.

Rhonda 08-20-2012 10:54 AM

I will have to get busy you ladies are far ahead of me. Lovely to see all the discussion. I can't wait to see all the wall hangings!!

Everose 08-20-2012 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356945[/ATTACH]I love PP'ing. So decided to do 2 things I really like. PP and trees. This is the firs block. Now to find some fun Christmas fabrics for sashings and borders.