Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

JuneBillie 10-17-2012 01:52 AM

Kiffie that is so pretty. Nancia, I am sure yours is so cute. We are having so many nice ones. All are so pretty. Many busy folks. I guess it will continue to get busier the closer to the holidays.

QuilterMomma 10-17-2012 07:09 AM

Worked on my embroidery for 2.5 hours last night at quilting and still did not finish a block. Ugh, so frustrating. One blocks is done, the second I just have the fancy hats and feathers to do then will post a photo of it. Hoping today but that presentation is due for Sunday as well. Not sure which one is going to win. I did get a setting plan decided last night with the gals so It is going to end up longer than wide which will be nice for a wallhanging. This way you will not need as much width but able to hang in a nice slender spot.

QuilterMomma 10-17-2012 07:10 AM

Kiffie, that is a very adorable SBS.
Nancia, go with the green. That is what I would do. Loving those cats girl.

ssnare 10-17-2012 07:35 AM

I can send to Ireland too. Keep pluggin along quiltermomma. I bet the ladies are coming along and lookin good. I know that whatever I get, I will be happy with.

QuilterMomma 10-17-2012 10:20 AM

Thanks ssnare. I am so stinking frustrated at computers right now. I scanned in my power point material into adobe, then could not get the file from the downstairs computer to upstairs so had to do a by pass to another computer which would not let me copy onto the desktop and my computer would not network with any of them and the cd writer on the downstairs computer won't work thought I had it then my computer just formated the whole thing. Boy technology. Good thing those girls are good at power point. Wonderful news, my little brother is coming to town and so my daughter will be here as well with her boyfriend so that means I have lots of computer help becuase the all know power point. Oh how wonderful the good Lord is!!!!!! He is going to rescue me for sure.

nancia 10-17-2012 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, i think i know what i'm doing for the background. bought 3 fabrics and will audition them , but have a favorite already. i am going to post a teaser picture, just for the pure meanness of it. muah-hhhhaaahaaaa. later i will post better pictures, ok?!

Rhonda 10-17-2012 08:24 PM

You're all coming along great! I am so happy to have such a great bunch who are willing to share progress pics! Makes it much more fun to see all the pics as we go along!

Lv2sew2011 10-17-2012 10:03 PM

So Cute!
Donna

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 (Post 5590713)
I am working on the quilting now...if I hadn't changed my mind "umpteen" times, I would be finished. I did hand applique on the Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam blocks...I didn't really intend for it to be red white and blue themed, but more of a "reproduction" theme...I guess it kind of dictated for itself what it would be as I went along...lol...Here is an in progress pic:
Kif

nancia 10-18-2012 12:21 AM

i have finished the basic cats. now i need to mount them on their backings, sew around, sandwich , quilt, etc. think i'll do that tomorrow. hope somebody likes purple, yellow and green, besides me that is. can't decide how to sash it or set it. it will require thought and i only think on mondays. except when monday is followed by a tuesday of the same month and year, which means i think best on monday, december 31st. it's going to be a loooong year!;)

QuilterMomma 10-18-2012 07:04 AM

Loving it Nancia, I want that one so I can tease my dog with cats. He is old and still can't stand the neighbors cats who come in the yard. It is comical to see this 14 year old dog chase the cats.

I did get a little bit more done on a block yesterday. I just have one hat and the feathers to do and it is done. Almost forgot how to do french knots but watched you tube and mastered them again. yeah for you tube. At least I know the last two are half done.