Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

kiffie2413 10-27-2012 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5615206)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]372657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]372658[/ATTACH] I finished my top today, but the lighting was not right when I took the pictures, so whoever gets it might want to take another picture to put here. All I have to do now is put the quilt together, and it will look prettier too when I do might quilting around it. I will try to get a picture of it then before I send it off, and see if it looks better then. I am a new quilter so I am still learning a lot on here, and having fun the whole time. I hope to get this off in the mail Monday, so we will see.

I think it looks great! And, I am sure in person it will look even greater, if that is possible...I love the gold thread, buttons and ribbon embellishment...
K
PS As another new quilter, I know my "quilty sisters" that are in my group at my lqs are always telling me I am too hard on myself..I can honestly say that after being in the group for 2 years, I see that I have been too critical...In my opinion, the reason I make quilts is just that, that they ARE hand-made...if they were all exactly perfect, then they may as well be store bought...:)

nancia 10-27-2012 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a picture of the very fun, and beautifully made wallhanging i received from everose! i just love it! thank you, di!

JuneBillie 10-27-2012 08:42 PM

Thanks ssnare, and Rhonda.

kiffie you are right about the hand made, and we are harder on ourselves. But, as I work on increasing my skills, I get to have lots of fun, and that is the most important thing along with all the nice people we get to meet on this board.

Nancia, everose made such a pretty wall hanging. I love the snowmen, and the other colors and shape blocks are so pretty and holiday looking too.

Rhonda 10-27-2012 08:46 PM

I love it nancia! and Everose I love the white fabric you used behind the snowmen! What a fun wall hanging!

QuilterMomma 10-30-2012 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the wallhanging before quilting. Will get that done tonight because I will not be able to go to quilt group. Then binding tomorrow. [ATTACH=CONFIG]373465[/ATTACH]I used some of my sewing notion fabric I had on hand and then my tea pot fabric for the sashing. Will this do? Oh, neat thing, I had to wash the squares because of the marking pen I used 10 years ago, and it all came out just fine. I did notice that one of the embroidery floss colors, the pink, bled just a tiny bit. Hopefully I can amend this when I quilt. Will do some heavy background fill with a cotton batting so is nice and flat to hang. If have a chance, will also attach a hanging sleeve on back so will be easy to hang on wall when my secret partner receives it. I better pm Rhonda for my partner's name.

JuneBillie 10-30-2012 08:56 AM

QuilterMomma that is so so pretty. I knew you would have something added in with the embroidered blocks, because you always have little surprises. Nice ones too.

I had planned to have mine sent off yesterday, and have been quilting mine, and going well so far, but this is my first time making a sleeve so that will delay me a bit, but still be on time. I have been reading up about making one. Printed that out last night to keep. I am trying to take my time, and do the best I can, instead of hurrying, but not doing all I can do. A sign to me that I am taking more pride in my work. :) I say that, because my precious mom always knew that I was always inpatient in the past, and just wanted to hurry and get something sewn, but not enjoying it or taking pride in it.

My confession for the day! :D

If I do not get mine in the mail today then it will be mailed tomorrow.

Rhonda I will send you a pm when I send it out.

Rhonda 10-30-2012 02:16 PM

QuilterMomma I love it!! I know your recipient will too!

JuneBillie just let me know when you mail. Thanks!!

I still have Kiffie and LindaC that I haven't sent addresses to so let me know ladies where you are.

Rhonda 10-30-2012 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd show my wall quilt in progress. It is almost done. I'm in the process of figuring out where I want the strip sashing to go. I just have 6 small hearts to sew down and the blocks are ready to add sashing. Then just back and quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]373552[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 10-30-2012 02:44 PM

Oh my goodness, that is adorable. Love it Rhonda. Anxious to see the finished product.

JuneBillie 10-30-2012 06:12 PM

Rhonda that is so pretty. I love the colors used, and all the hearts are so pretty.