Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-bluebirds-happiness-t225915.html)

travelinggramma 09-29-2013 07:54 AM

Yvonne - this is what happens when I have tooo much time to gather a project. I was looking at those squares the other day wondering why I had cut them!! Will send them out tomorrow! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

ssnare 09-29-2013 10:48 AM

Yvonne, here is another tidbit, it is not a poem, but I think it is cute. "There is a strange fellow, his nose runs and his feet smell."

Wonnie 09-29-2013 01:39 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................. ............

ssnare 10-01-2013 08:37 AM

Yvonne, I received your center. It is very pretty. Do you want it bold, mellow, rectangle, square or what would you prefer? I have several different ideas that I might play with or do.

Wonnie 10-01-2013 10:23 AM

Well, I really would like it to be rectangular but I just wasn't sure how to go about it with that design so, if it can't be done, it can't and that's okay. :) Other than incorporating, if possible, white as any background fabric and using yellow more in the way of accents, just surprise me Sherry. You know me.....I'll love whatever you all do. Ordered a book just on borders so I'll be able to do your centers justice when I get them.

By the way, are we suppose to stick to the usual border sequence of small border first, then again as large and so on?
.....or, does anything go????? (well, within reason of course!:o)

c joyce 10-01-2013 10:33 AM

Hi to all...my center is out and on it's way to "musicaljan". Sorry there is no picture as my skills with a digital camera are zero. I'll use my husband's skills to keep you updated on what I do the quilts that come my way. Hope everyone is/will have fun doing each of the rounds; I know I will.

c joyce 10-01-2013 10:36 AM

sorry for the post...I'm a Blue Jay - not a blue bird!

ssnare 10-01-2013 12:35 PM

Borders will be 3 1/2" - 9 1/2" dividable by 3's again. (The center block, all borders, cornerstones, or whatever should be carefully squared each step of the project.)
Option - in lieu of any one of the first 2 rounds, the block may be turned on point, if appropriate. Triangles are then added to each side of the "diamond" to make it into a square again. Appliqué or embellish the corners. You do not have to start with small. Make it so that it looks good to you.

ssnare 10-02-2013 08:10 AM

Yvonne, I have your center finished and I made it into a rectangle. It now measures 18 1/2" x 21 1/2". I will take a picture and post it. I wanted to work on it before I put my sewing machine away for the move. I hope you like what I added. Sherry

Wonnie 10-02-2013 11:47 AM

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!! You're done and I'm still staring at travelingramma's

center on my wall!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!! Show me....show me....show me