Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   round/row robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-row-robins-t279305.html)

Mona G 06-12-2016 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like there is enough interest to do a row robin...just need to find a fearless leader.

here is my Christmas RR from a few years ago.

Ukinusa 06-12-2016 11:19 PM

I have been waiting for one of these to start forever, looks like plenty of interest.
how soon can we start ��������

QuilterMomma 06-13-2016 09:01 AM

Well Anna, I remember those tows, I worked on them. LOL Mine are all done as well. I have no photos handy, but this could be something I could participate in.

travelinggramma 06-13-2016 03:51 PM

I will be following this one too

QuilterMomma 06-13-2016 05:44 PM

I was a leader in a couple of these row robins if you would like me to take the lead.

Mariposa 06-13-2016 06:59 PM

I'd lead too- if needed....

moonwork42029 06-13-2016 07:27 PM

How does it work for a row robin?

If you have 5 people would you each do your own "first" row, post that photo and then the others each make a coordinating row? 5 @ 12.5" blocks for your starter row and then a total of 20 other 12.5" blocks (4 groups of 5) for the the other robin members?

If so, I'd be interested. I wouldn't want to do more than 5 in a group though depending on the time frame....if they all went to one central hostess instead of mailing them all over....

Please let me know if you try to start a row robin if you would.

thanks
Lisa

Ukinusa 06-13-2016 11:06 PM

Lisa, if they went to one central hostess, doesent that mean they would have to be mailed twice, once to her and then to the person adding the next row?
i have never done one so dont know how it works. Doing it that way, does it mean that the rows are not sewn together?

Annaquilts 06-14-2016 02:35 AM

I am glad to see some board members with previous swap hosting g experience, qutermomma and mariposa, are considering hosting. Just let me know if,when, and how.

moonwork42029 06-14-2016 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by uk'n'usa (Post 7576478)
Lisa, if they went to one central hostess, doesent that mean they would have to be mailed twice, once to her and then to the person adding the next row?
i have never done one so dont know how it works. Doing it that way, does it mean that the rows are not sewn together?

Stephanie:

I'm not sure how they do it. I would like to arrange them myself I guess. It's much less postage to send them to one set place and then they mail them back to you when they have all been received.

After being in the Boomerang swaps I found I did like sending them all to the hostess prior to the deadline and then received everything back at once. You could post your picture of your row and each person would post pictures of the rows they make for you. The hostess would have an album so the rows would be in one place to view.

This way you only have the postage of sending all of rows you make to the hostess as well as sending the money to cover the cost of her mailing your rows to you. 2 x $7 for the flat rate vs $? to 20 mailings.

That's why I wondered how it was done for a "row" robin. I understand that a "round" robin couldn't work this way but a "row" could.