Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011%3B-group-16-%22-sweet-sixteeners%22-t85262.html)

Karen 12-18-2011 10:45 AM

I am again apologizing for not getting any work done on April and Kathys' rows. My ex-husband quit sending me money and it really stinks. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, I got a job starting in Jan! Then I will have the money to mail the quilts out! I am sorry to say that I will not be doing any more swaps, but will drop in and say HI.

IApril I am so sorry to hear that you are having health problems. God Bless.

To All of you I wish a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Frogquilter 12-20-2011 07:03 AM

Everyone i wanted to share the good news that someone turned in my little dog "scooter" to the shelter yesterday. Merry christmas. What a long 3 1/2 months he was gone.

Karen 12-20-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Frogquilter (Post 4796978)
Everyone i wanted to share the good news that someone turned in my little dog "scooter" to the shelter yesterday. Merry christmas. What a long 3 1/2 months he was gone.

Frog so to hear that scooter came home again! That in itself will make Christmas better!

Frogquilter 12-30-2011 09:57 PM

Karen I have started your row and it should be home soon. No offense to anyone but this swap hasn't turn out like I hoped it would. I don't think I will participate in one again. I have high hopes for the New Year and have already gotten three presents ready for next year. I should probably qualify this statement by saying that they were supposed to be done this year but weren't. I am proud of myself though as I got three quilts done for Xmas this year and they were done completely be me to include the long arm quilting. I'm hooked and can't wait to someday have my own machine.

Karen 12-31-2011 07:13 PM

Frog, sad to hear that you don't want to be in any more swaps. We have all had problems come up and to deal with them, but it doesn't happen in all the swaps.

I happy to have met all of you and wish each of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I for one am excited to have a new life, my job starts on the 3rd, I have joined a great bunch of ladies that are working a new quilt project, and I will officially be single on the 12th of January. And am looking forward to the best year of my life. I Hope the New Year brings much happiness and health to you all!

Karen 01-02-2012 08:43 AM

LADIES please let us know where you are with the quilts you have. I am behind which seems to have become the normal for me these days, but plan is to have them finished and home before Valentines day.

Karen 01-02-2012 07:30 PM

April, I am so sorry to hear that your Mom has been in the hospital and now your surgery...God Bless, Karen

klarina 01-27-2012 04:27 PM

Hello ladies,

Just wondering what is going to happen with this swap?

I sent Karen's row to Christina last year and so far I have not received Christina's quilt to make the final row.

Any update?
Thanks,

klarina 03-06-2012 07:53 AM

Hello Ladies,
Just a quick note to let you know that yesterday I received from April my full five rows. I just love everyone's job on my quilt. Thank you so much. I just love them all. This will be a very beautiful quilt. I will take my top to a professional quilter. I want to finish this the best way I can.
Again: thank you.
I will post some pictures in a couple of days.
Love and hugs,

Karen 03-08-2012 12:15 PM

YEAH! I am so happy for you! Cant wait to see the pics.

Frogquilter said she was going to mail mine back unfinished, but still have not received it.

I have had the worst time getting motivated to do any sewing. But it is getting better. Hugs to all of you!
Karen