Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-a-t197378.html)

QuilterMomma 09-14-2012 04:52 AM

Can tell from your early am post girl. You are excited.

Annaquilts 09-14-2012 05:18 AM

Now you know I like that!

Is it too late to sign up?

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 5510437)
Got the blocks made for the first row of my "Patriotic Civil War" quilt. :) I'd like for them to have sashing with cornerstones, but I'll wait and see how that plays out before sewing anything together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]362426[/ATTACH]

buslady 09-14-2012 08:34 AM

Scrapper, that #1 idea sounds great. I actually have blocks and material from all the quilts I made for my grands and kids. I keep thinking I will use them to make me a quilt for when I watch TV. It would be a wild one, cause I used eich childs "fav's" for their theim so I have pastel hears, black with red and orange flames, car racing colors with the checkered flag, fishing, trains, elephants in black and red and lions in brown and gold. But I will love it!!

QuilterMomma 09-14-2012 08:43 AM

Would a crazy patch quilt be a possibility for a row robin? Just thought of that while reading buslady's post. That would be interesting to say the least and then would not have to have any sashing because each row could just be sewn together. Oh the pretty fabric that would be on it and the wonderful different stitching everyone would add. I am liking this idea, so do you think that could be done?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-14-2012 09:56 AM

I don't see why a crazy quilt would not work. It could be interesting.

QuilterMomma 09-14-2012 10:09 AM

To see everyone's fabrics they have from scraps would be fun. Then we could use the fancy stitches that are on our sewing machines or to attach those old buttons we have sitting around. this just may be a winner for me.

Pat_sews 09-14-2012 10:39 AM

I would love to do this.. I jsut need some things explained.... We have 2 months to do 5 rows? Is that it? Is a row of triditional blocks a theme? Like each person does one block all the way across , is what I mean... Ive never joined a RR is why I am asking so many questions...

Sauki1 09-14-2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pat_sews (Post 5514100)
I would love to do this.. I jsut need some things explained.... We have 2 months to do 5 rows? Is that it? Is a row of triditional blocks a theme? Like each person does one block all the way across , is what I mean... Ive never joined a RR is why I am asking so many questions...

Close, you have 2 months to do 5 squares. Each person makes 5 squares for each person in the group and then sends them to the next person on the list. You have 2 months to complete each setThe RR will go for approximately 10 months. Though depending on your group-mates, you could finish sooner. Post #1 from Qbee tells you all about the RR. Good to have you, looking forward to seeing what your theme is. Hope that helps.

Shana 09-14-2012 12:28 PM

Pat, I would say you can make a single traditional square your theme, like shoo fly, just be prepared for all sorts of variations :) I know a lot of people do embroidered squares and applique. so perhaps you would get a row with several shoo fly pieced blocks, but a section of the row could say "Shoo Fly!" with a picture of a fly swatter & fly in cute embroidery.

We have 2 months to do a single row that is 12.5 by 60.5. We have to have our personal starter row done and mailed off to the next person in our group by December 1st. Then we have 2 months to do the row of the quilt that we received on December 1st. This with take quite a long time to finish :) I would guess that some groups will go faster than others :)

Scrapper 09-14-2012 12:36 PM

OMG QM, I love your idea of a crazy quilt.......can we steal ideas? :shock: LOL........I'd trade my Home Sweet Home in for a crazy quilt in a NY minute.....

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5513926)
Would a crazy patch quilt be a possibility for a row robin? Just thought of that while reading buslady's post. That would be interesting to say the least and then would not have to have any sashing because each row could just be sewn together. Oh the pretty fabric that would be on it and the wonderful different stitching everyone would add. I am liking this idea, so do you think that could be done?