Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-10-a-t200782.html)

Wonnie 06-09-2013 05:36 PM

OH...MY... GOSH!!!! I LOVE it! Thank you all for all your hard work and creativity!!! You're so special and I couldn't have had any better partners in the whole world! Love the cotton gin! Can't believe we all came up with such different nighttime scenes.....PERFECT! Thank you all so very much.

Wonnie 06-09-2013 05:41 PM

Jane, just saw your last line...there are so many pieced blocks that fit the theme and could be adapted to nighttime colors. Whatever you do I'm sure I'll love it.

ssnare 06-09-2013 08:12 PM

Thank you all for your help. I made a small Jacob's ladder, 6 1/2" block from 4 HSTs Jane sent. I have been working on your blocks MaryJane. After I made the first block, I liked it so well, I made a block just like it for me. I did the attic windows. It really came out nice. Then I worked on the 2nd block. Jacob's ladder will be in the 3rd block. I have been looking some things up on line and have some ideas. I hope you know about lots of vintage notions.
Mary, we used to raise collies. Do you have one? What is your favorite color of collie? We had 5 collies, sables and a tri collie. They are so gentle. Love um.
Yvonne, your top is really coming out cute.
I am still willing to do another row robin or round robin with our group. Someone else wanted to do one with us also. That is fine with me.

jclinganrey 06-10-2013 06:39 PM

If we do another RR, I really want mine to be a ROUND ROBIN - not rows. If everyone is agreeable to that, I'm in.

Jane

MaryLane 06-11-2013 06:45 AM

I agree with Jane. I really want to try a round robin.

MaryLane 06-11-2013 06:47 AM

Sherry, this is the first time in our marriage we do not have a collie. We couldn't find a pup when we wanted one and got an English Shepherd instead. We love her but decided pretty quickly that when one of the dogs is gone we will get another collie. I have had sables and tris both. Wouldn't mind a true blue merle if I could find one.

Mary

ssnare 06-11-2013 11:14 AM

Mary, what do you have in your water garden? Do you care if I add items to your quilt of things you like or do you just want vintage sewing?

jclinganrey 06-11-2013 12:05 PM

Yvonne - - funny thing is, way back when we all decided on our themes, I did a little online searching and found the perfect quilt block for your RR. I'm still pretty certain it's what I'm still going to do.

Sherry - - what is a blue merle? I've had a basset hound, a toy poodle and a cocker spaniel and cats over the years. Don't know much about collies.

Jane

ssnare 06-11-2013 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A blue merle collie has a grey/blue coat and blueberry colors throughout the coat.

ssnare 06-11-2013 01:49 PM

I am willing to do a round robin or row robin next. The round robin will have to have the rounds attached. There are several ways we can do this. Each person starts with a center round. We each add a round from 3 1/2" wide to 9 1/2" wide. Or each round can be a certain width, ex. 1st round might be 3 1/2" wide, 2nd round might be 4 1/2" wide, 3rd round might be 5 1/2 " wide, etc. I prefer the first way. It gives you more creativity. Each round must be worked in some way, not just adding 1 strip of border. You can add 2 pieced strips, or pieced border of any design, you can embroider on a border, do a piano strip, applique, or whatever you want to add. You add what you think the top needs as your border. We set up the guide lines for the group before we start. I have participated in 3 round robins and 3 row robins. We start with a center that is ___ inches x ___ inches to ___ inches by ___ inches. So of course your theme is whatever your center is. For example, I might use an Oriental vase panel. Someone else might use a wolf center or someone may create a center using their own design. Each person tries to enhance the center. We might specify the colors we want but we can not tell the others what we want added. Does this make any sense?