Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-2-a-t200773.html)

TheMamaHauser 09-19-2012 04:42 PM

Yay! I'm glad that's all sorted out. So I have addresses - I am going to send you a PM with the address of the person you'll send each package to. Remember, you'll always send to the same person each time :)

I'm going to send those PM's out now.

Qbee 09-19-2012 04:45 PM

You should have Dragonfly Nana's address as well....just look through the list. She knows she has been switched and will most likely be checking in soon :D

Dragonfly Nana 09-19-2012 04:55 PM

Hello ladies! Glad this "switch" happened early in the game. This is my first row robin and I am excited.
From what I have read so far it seems like we are all "open" in our themes. Mine is stars and I plan to call the quilt Twinkle, Twinkle
My take on the items in question:
#1 I agree - if the owner wants sashing they can send it along and we can add it as we go. If no sashing is sent then we just add our row to the package and mail along
#2 Again, if owner wants us to sign one they can include it - Otherwise we attach a little address label to our row.
#3 I like the idea of sending a letter or: In a Round Robin we sent a small notebook where we wrote something and so the others could write down thoughts or a message
#4 Yes, but only if it is ok with the next person in line. We would not want one to get "lost" or have someone feel overwhelmed if they do not work as fast as others.
#5 Great idea. I ship DQs every month at the machine and it is a whopping $.70 Well worth it to know it is safe or can be found.
This is going to be so much fun!

TheMamaHauser 09-19-2012 05:00 PM

Oh, I didn't think of these questions:

- Are we posting pictures after we finish each round?

- Are we attaching rows or leaving up to preference of the row "owner"? For instance, I personally don't care if each row is sewn to the previous one. But if you are hyper OCD or not sure if you're going to do sashing, you might say you don't want the rows connected. I am all for leaving it up to each person, but I promise to make life easy for all of y'all and say just sew 'em down.

Qbee 09-19-2012 05:03 PM

Please post lots and lots of pictures!!! He-he-he :D

Dragonfly Nana 09-19-2012 05:05 PM

I vote Yes to pictures as we go - it is so much fun to see what everyone does. Who wants to wait until the end?

Ooh - good point about connecting rows. I would prefer to do it when it comes home (not sure if I am going to add sashing yet) but I will do whatever each person want.

BTW - I love your siggy line! So very true :)

Dragonfly Nana 09-19-2012 05:06 PM

Qbee - are you going to be surfing the groups for pictures too?

Qbee 09-19-2012 05:15 PM

you bet....that's what makes it all so fun....EYE CANDY!!!!

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5526863)
Qbee - are you going to be surfing the groups for pictures too?

TheMamaHauser 09-19-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5526862)

BTW - I love your siggy line! So very true :)

I have several motivational things I rotate through. I'm testing them out for my classroom (whenever I actually get one of my own).

Melody MO/KS 09-20-2012 05:57 AM

I just received my sent from and send to people, thanks.

As to my opinion of the items listed, sashes and labels should be up to the owner. Pictures add to the fun and excitement! It is also good to take precautions on sending these treasures. Looking forward to this .