Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-6-a-t200777.html)

Whigrose 01-28-2013 05:19 AM

Just a reminder ladies that the due date for mailing the rows onto the next person is February 1. If you need to adjust that date for any reason please let the person you are to mail your rows onto know when they can expect to receive them - and remember to also let me know.

Anyone up to posting progress photos?

Best,
d

charlottemarie 02-04-2013 04:42 PM

Maria and Whigrose, I received Kris' blocks today. They are beautiful! I have been down for a couple of days, an antibiotic backfired and affected my tendons in my legs, I almost literally cannot walk it is so painful. Anyway that is why the late maildate on Group 3. All for this group is done and went out on the 1st of Feb.

Whigrose 02-04-2013 05:24 PM

Charlottemarie,
Thanks so much for letting us know about the rows.

Take care of yourself first and foremost.

Best,
d

Originally Posted by charlottemarie (Post 5838685)
Maria and Whigrose, I received Kris' blocks today. They are beautiful! I have been down for a couple of days, an antibiotic backfired and affected my tendons in my legs, I almost literally cannot walk it is so painful. Anyway that is why the late maildate on Group 3. All for this group is done and went out on the 1st of Feb.

Whigrose 02-05-2013 01:30 PM

Hi all,
just popping in to say that I received Mhobbs rows today from Charlottemarie and they look like they will be a blast to work on.

Anyone else have an update? Photos?

best,
deb

QuilterMomma 02-21-2013 03:15 PM

Oh yes, photos would be nice to see. Love watching them grow and steeling the ideas from you. LOL

Whigrose 02-25-2013 02:15 PM

Hey ladies,
How we doing? Anyone want to check in with the group? Krisb, Mhobbs, or Charlottemarie? Everyone busy sewing. Shoveling? ;-)

best,
d

charlottemarie 02-27-2013 04:57 PM

I'm not shoveling, but I am sewing. Working on quilts.

Whigrose 03-02-2013 04:37 PM

Can I just complain for a just minute here?

So, I find the PP pattern I want to use, pull the fabrics, cut them and stack them into piles for each of the five blocks.

Commence sewing - This is going great! Or so I thought. When I place the block segments into a block formation, things aren't lining up. What? Huh? Ugh.

Human- check everything again - your copy of the pattern, follow the pattern - opps, turns out I wasn't doing section 6 right. Start next two segments. Still, not fitting together the way it should. Now I could almost understand this if I was a junior paper-piecer, but I have done more than a few quilts with the pp method.

I have decided not to become frustrated and waste my time. I'm ditching the whole thing and moving on to Plan B.

Grumble~
d

Krisb 03-04-2013 08:22 AM

Just letting you know that I am still here and actually slightly ahead of schedule on Row 3. Want it out before we go home on March 27. These SB Sue blocks are fun and am trying out a new applique method.

charlottemarie 03-05-2013 05:50 PM

Whigrose I am glad not to be the only one with trouble with paper piecing! Hang in there! Krisb I am getting so excited about my Sunbonnet Sues!