Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #8 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-8-a-t200780.html)

ctipton 09-21-2012 04:05 PM

Amy B I love your quilt ssnare i sent you a pm with email and snail mail Also still looking for more cats yaehhhhh
Difergie do you have cat patterns???

Difergie 09-21-2012 04:07 PM

I have some miniature pieced cat blocks I received in a swap that need a home...but personally I don't have a pattern
I have seen them though.

ssnare 09-21-2012 08:07 PM

ctipton, I saw some funny cat material. Would that be ok?

ctipton 09-21-2012 09:33 PM

you bet thanks to you ss and difergie So How do we start this thing???

ssnare 09-22-2012 07:49 AM

ctipton. Start picking out your fabric. Plan what you want to do for your row. What I do, after I have my ideas is look for fabric (of course, we all know how much fun that is) LOL. Then I sketch out my plan on 12 1/2" square graft paper that I get from Joanns in the quilting section. Then if I am making 12 1/2" blocks, that takes 5 blocks this size to make a 60 1/2" row, I plan what I want to do in each block. Then I start making my blocks. Sometimes I have a center block that may be different and 2 side blocks that are the same and 2 other side blocks that are the same. But sometimes, each block is different or spells out something. This is where your imagination takes you. Then start sewing each block. When you have each block sewn together, sew the blocks into a row. Show pictures as you progress. We love pictures of everyone's progress and it is nice for you to keep a record.
Then, when you are done with your row and it is ready to be mailed to the next person, notify that person to see if they are ready for your row. Then, when you mail yours and someone mails theirs to you, you look at their row and let it talk to you. Then you decide what you want to add to their row and start the process over again. Eventually, you get your top back and you get to see the progress as it moves around and as it grows. That's what it is all about!

Difergie 09-22-2012 03:45 PM

If are inn does not check in do we just go with four or will they fill someone else in?

ssnare 09-22-2012 05:15 PM

I pmed QBee several days ago and I have not heard from her yet. I will pm her again.

Qbee 09-22-2012 05:43 PM

It is still very early but if she does not check in I do have a back up that might want to play :)

ctipton 09-22-2012 07:28 PM

okay ladies lets begin.. I drug poor hb to joanns to look at cat patterns i will look for fabric in a few days with a more hospitable partner..SSnare still looking for that cat pattern or any one else who may have one thanks

Difergie 09-23-2012 04:56 AM

Have been looking at fall ideas and pulling my fabric out also! December will be here before we know it!