Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-signup-closed-t44827.html)

JudyG 05-16-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by materialgrl
I can't wait to start swapping

Me too. I am so anxious to get started on this. It will be fun.

Belles.hold 05-18-2010 06:41 PM

That sounds good to me if you want sashing put it in your envelope, if not don't, then we will all know Sandy

I've finished my first row and attached sashing to the top and bottom. However, in calculating the size of the quilt with a finished 1-1/2-inch sashing between each of the 12 rows and the top, I come up with a length of 91.5-inches. Since this is WAY TOO LONG for a wall hanging, I would like the row quilt to be two quilts. Does anyone have a problem with one quilt being rows 1 through 6 and rows 7 through 12 being the second quilt? Adding border(s) would bring the quilts approximately to a square, which would be a neat wall hanging. I would enclosed a note with the rows and sashing requesting the row 7 participant to begin a new quilt - OR - I could just un-sew the seam between row 6 & 7 when I received all 12 rows. I would appreciate comments, questions or concerns from the other row robiners (is that a word?). Belles

MISHNJIM 05-19-2010 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I have been playing around with labels for my rows and want to know what you think. I'm thinking of enclosing 11 of the attached and asking each person to fill one out and send back with the quilt. I will make the labels part of the outer border, say off numbered row labels on the left and even numbered row labels on the right. Any thoughts? Not sure what else I'll do with the border, will have to wait until I see the finished rows.

That is AWESOME!!! Wish I saw this RR before it closed. I'll have to wait until the next one, hopefully I won't miss it. When is this suppose to be over? I know you gals just started it.

MISHNJIM 05-19-2010 01:57 AM

Belles...That is a beautiful quilt that you and your sisters did!!

materialgrl 05-19-2010 06:39 AM

Then dimentions were for no sashings May be you could just send a note as not to sew the rows together so we don't get to cofused as to who is to do what to which Quilt?

JudyG 05-19-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Wish I saw this RR before it closed. I'll have to wait until the next one, hopefully I won't miss it. When is this suppose to be over? I know you gals just started it.

It's actually going to go for a year. There ar 12 of us and we send our first row out June 10, then on the 10th of the month for 11 more months. But I am sure there will be other round robins or row robins that start before this one ends. Just keep a lookout for them.

Belles.hold 05-19-2010 08:40 AM

Then dimentions were for no sashings May be you could just send a note as not to sew the rows together so we don't get to cofused as to who is to do what to which Quilt?

I actually think sending all the unsewn rows to the participants would be more confusing - especially for me - since I won't know which row is the 3rd or 5th or 8th row because they will be loose in the envelope. I would imagine the person who receives my quilt with 6 finished rows will realize she is the 7th row and will start a new quilt. A note and the label for signing will also be enclosed making it easier to ascertain who is the ONLY one to start a new quilt. If this proves too difficult I'd rather the entire quilt be sewn (all 91.5-inches) and I would seam rip between the 6th & 7th rows. Belles

MISHNJIM 05-19-2010 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG

Wish I saw this RR before it closed. I'll have to wait until the next one, hopefully I won't miss it. When is this suppose to be over? I know you gals just started it.

It's actually going to go for a year. There ar 12 of us and we send our first row out June 10, then on the 10th of the month for 11 more months. But I am sure there will be other round robins or row robins that start before this one ends. Just keep a lookout for them.

AWWW MAN....I'll have to take special attention to see if anymore come up...

Thank you,
Mish

Belles.hold 05-20-2010 02:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Belles...That is a beautiful quilt that you and your sisters did!!

Thank you for your kind words. We had lots of fun creating the quilt. I've been working on a Library Quilt for the Librarian at the school where my daughter teaches. Here's a photo of the quilt along with a close up of one section. I've embroidered the names of the various programs the Librarian has instituted at the school as the book titles. Also, here's a photo of my first row for the Row Robin. I'm eager to start this swap and I hope another one starts soon for you to join. Keep quilting! Belles

Library Quilt for retiring Latin School Librarian
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70604[/ATTACH]

Close up of a shelf section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70605[/ATTACH]

The first row of Belles' Row Robin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70606[/ATTACH]

JudyG 05-20-2010 02:55 PM

Your library quilt is fabulous. I have been planning on making one of those for years for my friend who is a voracious reader. Hopefully, I'll get to it someday soon.

Like you row robin blocks also. They are very pretty. Of course, I am very partial to blues. I agree, this should be fun.