Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

sewjoyce 02-14-2010 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Yes, I added board name to the rules!

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Would it be possible for everyone to be their Board Name on the block also?? Maybe on the same line as their "real" name??? It would mean so much more to me as even when I do know who you "really" are, in my mind you are still "your Board Name". Does that make sense to anyone but me??? :roll: :oops:

:oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry.....

Quilt Mom 02-14-2010 08:09 PM

[quote=Maksi]
Taking care for each other, I think thats what swapping really means.[/quote

Maksi, you are right!! :thumbup:

DianD 02-14-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands

Originally Posted by Maksi
I finished already 20 blocks today. I want to make a block for each person that is in. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks till post arrive form here to the US. My last envelops took about 6 or 7 weeks till they arrived!!:shock: So I'll send my blocks out 5 weeks before.

I LOVE this swap!

5 weeks? Gee! I reckon on average about 10 days from the US to Shropshire in the UK! I think the longest its taken sending was around 3 weeks, but that was slow!
I'm considering this. I had promised myself no more swaps too, but its tempting. Dont sign me up just yet though.

Come on!!! I've got to have one from your Midland, UK, and i'll send one from my Midland, TX, USA!!!

Deecee 02-14-2010 10:32 PM

O.K. I tested the WOW with my pen and it did stay - I heat set then washed. BUT..... it looked a little distracting having a pattern behind the writing.

I will buy some plain white and perhaps a new pen as well.

makin 02-15-2010 01:01 AM

Count me in - sounds like great fun. I'd like a block from everyone so will try to keep up with how many join.

mrspete 02-15-2010 07:40 AM

It surely sounds fun. I'll try it. -Ruth

mrspete 02-15-2010 07:44 AM

UT OHHHH, just a thought; but everytime I do scrappies, it seems the scraps grow, lol. I never seem to get rid of them all. Funny little critters, huh?

sewjoyce 02-15-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
UT OHHHH, just a thought; but everytime I do scrappies, it seems the scraps grow, lol. I never seem to get rid of them all. Funny little critters, huh?

I'm thoroughly convinced that if you store your scraps together, they multiply like little bunnies :lol: :lol:

Ms Grace 02-15-2010 01:17 PM

Help!!!
I have tried this block 3 times.
It is coming out too small when I turn the printed squares back.
I'm getting a 3 1/4" block.

Is it just me?? What's wrong? :cry:

NorBanaquilts 02-15-2010 01:25 PM

Are you sewing from corner to corner on the 2.5" squares?

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
Help!!!
I have tried this block 3 times.
It is coming out too small when I turn the printed squares back.
I'm getting a 3 1/4" block.

Is it just me?? What's wrong? :cry: