Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-home-d%C9cor-swap-entry-closes-january-21-2013-a-t210473.html)

Elisabrat 02-09-2013 05:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh oh morning. Traci has her pig mug rug in hand but apparently is NOT going to post a pic (sigh big time Traci get on it girl)..

I found this quilt pattern online ..somewhere its a fons and porter quilt of Owls. i believe there are a couple owl fans and wanted to share it with everyone. its so cute ..if you like owls that is :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394053[/ATTACH]

DustysMomma 02-09-2013 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5848935)
oh oh morning. Traci has her pig mug rug in hand but apparently is NOT going to post a pic (sigh big time Traci get on it girl)..

I found this quilt pattern online ..somewhere its a fons and porter quilt of Owls. i believe there are a couple owl fans and wanted to share it with everyone. its so cute ..if you like owls that is :)

OMG! You've gotta send me the link for this! I could make it in happy baby boy colors!

dabbler312 02-09-2013 06:43 AM

Love the owl quilt - thanks for sharing.

elainelquilt 02-09-2013 07:25 AM

when you spend your grocery money on a ne line of quilting fabric... and you eat PBJ for the week.

DustysMomma 02-09-2013 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by elainelquilt (Post 5849181)
when you spend your grocery money on a ne line of quilting fabric... and you eat PBJ for the week.

For me, it would be PB & banana! But I'm liable to do that anyway...

SandyinZ4 02-09-2013 07:42 AM

Fill in the blank! You know you're a quilter when______
...you wake up and you have dreamt up another project while you slept.

DustysMomma 02-09-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 5849237)
Fill in the blank! You know you're a quilter when______
...you wake up and you have dreamt up another project while you slept.

Sandy, that's where what I'm making for this swap came from. I may be ready to pull my hair out when I'm done though. It's a rather ambitious project. :)

SandyinZ4 02-09-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5848935)

I never see anything'owl' but I can't help but have thoughts of my mom pop in my head. She was an 'owl' lover and collected a great many things 'owl'. Not that I don't think of her everyday anyhow, at 4pm, when I would call her. It is a super quilt and looks like it would be fun to make.

Elisabrat 02-09-2013 03:31 PM

ok well I am once again a busy beaver. its official I am nuts. declared by me this time not even Nancia. of course there is this old saying it takes one to..

I found it on the internet searching for owl quilts think it was pinterest. its called FCP "who knows" thats as far as I can tell you but it does look fairly simple and easy. as a wall quilt you wouldnt even . half to do more than fuse it ..funny you say baby I said HALLOWEEN!!! owls were pretty popular in the late 60's early 70's growing up. in those marvelous shades of avocado and orange and mustard gold! I think we had one on our windowsill in the kitchen.

sikesjj 02-09-2013 06:04 PM

Sorry, I have been MIA, my washing machine flooded part of my house, we still don't have flooring but the fans and dehumidfiers are gone, still kind of musty smelling. I haven't started mine yet, I have figured out the design and got most of the fabric bought. The zip equals 18. I am already wanting to keep it for myself, thankfully I always buy extra fabric. I am baby quilt central over here, I have three, and possibly another to make because she may be having twins did I mention they all have to be done by June. I don't know what I got myself into!!!...