Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

Blue Cat 04-22-2013 03:52 PM

thank you everyone for the nice compliments on hav4boys' bluebird pincushion. i joined pinterest and found lots of tutorials and supply sites. it looked so intriguing that i bought a sampler set and tried my first piece - this bluebird. wow, you just poke a barbed needle into a wad of wool batting or wool roving. use your hands to help shape it and the needle to felt it. now i've made 4 pieces and i just started the fifth. i have enough knowledge already to start more difficult pieces. it is so easy and fun. don't be intimidated if you think you'd like to try.

lynnie 04-22-2013 03:58 PM

hi momma, how you doing????
hope all is well onyour side of the continent.
the little birdie is the cutest, what other animals do you do now that you got the hang of it?it looks like something id like to try. is it time consuming??? love it

Blue Cat 04-22-2013 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6019710)
hi momma, how you doing????
hope all is well onyour side of the continent.
the little birdie is the cutest, what other animals do you do now that you got the hang of it?it looks like something id like to try. is it time consuming??? love it

lynnie, did you mean the bird i needle felted? i've done a hedgehog and i'm just ready to try other animals. i'm thinking a rabbit looks pretty easy. it does take some time, but i think it's worth it. at the speed you work i'd bet you'd have a couple dozen before PC's are due in june. lol

QuilterMomma 04-22-2013 07:01 PM

Hi Lynnie: Things are warming up a bit. Sunshine today and will be up to 70 by Wednesday. Healing from back surgery and getting anxious to be up and running, but have to wait yet.

sikesjj 04-22-2013 07:01 PM

Where did you get the starter kit? Do you have any links to tutorials? You have me very curious now! Like I need another hobby!!!!!!!!

QUOTE=Blue Cat;6019703]thank you everyone for the nice compliments on hav4boys' bluebird pincushion. i joined pinterest and found lots of tutorials and supply sites. it looked so intriguing that i bought a sampler set and tried my first piece - this bluebird. wow, you just poke a barbed needle into a wad of wool batting or wool roving. use your hands to help shape it and the needle to felt it. now i've made 4 pieces and i just started the fifth. i have enough knowledge already to start more difficult pieces. it is so easy and fun. don't be intimidated if you think you'd like to try.[/QUOTE]

JuneBillie 04-22-2013 09:06 PM

QuilterMomma, are you healing ok from your back surgery?

Blue Cat 04-22-2013 10:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]409652[/ATTACH]Lynnie, Here at last are the pictures of what you sent to Blue Cat. I had to wait for DN to come over and retach me how to get the blasted things on the board. As all can see they are lovely.[ATTACH=CONFIG]409652[/ATTACH]

Ashjoy 04-23-2013 04:54 AM

What a great unique pin cushion, such creativity here!

I just read the new thread, was I supposed to be sending a monthly pm? If so I totally missed that part. Sorry

Also, I haven't seen my partner post a pic, but I did get a pm that it was received.

Oksewnsew 04-23-2013 06:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wardy74 (Janine) sent me a PM saying she has received her needlecase. Glad she likes it.. Here's pics of it.

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409681[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]409682[/ATTACH]

lynnie 04-23-2013 09:06 AM

thanks for posting pics of what I sent,
love the red needlecase.
momma, which surgery did you have? hope you're doing better.did you come straight home, or hang out in a nursing home like I did. hope you came straight home after your recovery time in the hosp. how are you feeling????