Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

Blue Cat 05-03-2013 08:35 PM

Sikes,

I posted instructions on how to make fancy pins in one of the earlier swaps hostessed by Mariposa. You can go back in the swaps page and find them. Several other people added to the instructions. I am so pleased to see so many people adding fancy pins to their pincushions. My sister, sucia, started making them when she felt too sick to do anything else. She was so pleased with her pins that she stayed up all night and used most of my stock of beads. LOL It was terrific to see her enjoying herself so much. Also, we have a stock of fancy pins now instead of a stock of beads. She added fancy pins to her two swap needlecases as well as her pincushions. They are very easy to make.

nancia 05-03-2013 10:17 PM

well, i'm ahead of you on the candy! i ate them both, one right after the other!! yummmmmmy! i suspect they are beyond smooshie now, lol!

i am mailing two needle cases and 2 pincushions today-- especially if i'm at the p.o. before noon! otherwise, monday! but i have lots to mail so want to get it done!! one is going WAY FAR AWAY! and the others, just far away. i will tell them to hurry. ( it never seems to have a positive effect, but i try!

Mrs B 05-04-2013 12:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Look what the postman bought!!! Such a lovely needle case and in the most delicious colours of pink and green My favourite!
Thank You so much to 'Kathy' (I don't know your board name) but I'm sure you will recognise the pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]411653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]411654[/ATTACH]

dogsgod 05-04-2013 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs B (Post 6043175)
Look what the postman bought!!! Such a lovely needle case and in the most delicious colours of pink and green My favourite!
Thank You so much to 'Kathy' (I don't know your board name) but I'm sure you will recognise the pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]411653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]411654[/ATTACH]

Oh I'm so glad you received and liked the needlecase. I never thought to include my board name! It's me, dogsgod!

Ladybug 1938 05-04-2013 05:41 AM

I Received my Pin cushion from Leilady lei 54 and she sent a needlecase to match as well as some goodies for me and for Pixie... Thank you so much, loved the card, you take beautiful pictures and love the orchids Leidene....Will post a picture later, have been having all kinds of computer problems and am going to get myself a new one... soon...
Hugs ladybug1938 ( Rosemary)

SandyinZ4 05-04-2013 06:34 AM

I am anxiously awaiting next weeks mail hoping it will bring the pin cushion from my yet unknown swap partner. Everything is looking so lucious on here, I can't wait to post a pic of what I receive. Such a variety and a multitude of talent among us. :-) Happy weekend to all.

Quilty-Louise 05-04-2013 07:21 AM

Hi friends,

Just thought I would let you know momma gave up her battle this morning.

I will be semi off the computer for a few days.

queenof2802 05-04-2013 07:42 AM

Sorry to hear that news, Louise. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Old_Rosebud 05-04-2013 08:30 AM

QL - so sorry to hear that. {HUGS} to you and your family.

I received the most awesome pin cushion from lauriejo. I will have to post pics later as I am on my way to yet another baseball game. Love spring, but man it is busy this time of year! I had the most stressful day at work yesterday, so getting the pc in the mail was a very welcome surprise! Thanks again lauriejo!

lynnie 05-04-2013 08:30 AM

LOUISE, i'm so sorry to hear the news. Know she is at peace now, and an angel looking out over you.