Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

quiltingdragon 05-05-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 6042260)
quiltingdragon has received her pin cushions from me, and I am glad she likes them. I am also praying for her dad.

Thanks for posting pics, JuneBillie. I haven't had a spare minute to get on and do it. Houseguests left - more complicated than we thought as the grandmother willed them her car - so they cancelled flights and drove back to TX today.

nancia 05-05-2013 03:20 PM

juney-- love the kitty and mouse! her expression made me laugh, and i needed that! very good!!!

nancia 05-05-2013 03:22 PM

louise-- you know my heart is broken for you. no matter what else goes on in the world, our mom is our mom forever. wish you peace and comfort.

JuneBillie 05-05-2013 03:35 PM

I may have already said this, but my mom passed away last year unexpectedly, and we are all still having a very hard time. It changed my life. Mom and dad were married just 3 months short of being married 60 years. My dad is so lost without her. Mom was a real quilter, and so when I am doing swaps etc. it helps me to feel closer to mom. I am really thinking, and praying for you dear Louise. What helped me was talking to my God, and time. I have a journal that is nothing but my talking to mom about the days we are all living. It is on my computer, and I have pages of this since last March or April. Everyone is here for you Louise.

JuneBillie 05-05-2013 03:39 PM

quiltingdragon, I knew how busy you have been so that is why I posted. I also thought someone would get a laugh with the kitty, and see they did. :D I went by a pattern for that little kitty, but if I do it again, I am making my own pattern for the head part. lol....

Ladybug, that is a real cute pincushion. I like the little spool of thread. You have lots of goodies too. I didn't get to look for any goodies this time, like I usually do, due to not feeling well.

lynnie 05-05-2013 03:50 PM

love all the great handwork shown. but...that kitty is in my heart,,,love them furry wiskas!!!!!!

Blue Cat 05-05-2013 06:26 PM

mrs. b,

dogsgod did well by you. how terrific!

Blue Cat 05-05-2013 06:43 PM

so sorry, quilty-louise. you are in sucia's and my hearts and prayers.

sucia just received your shipment of two needlecases. i'll leave it her to describe them and take photos and thank you. i tried really hard to get her to give me the spare one, the one you weren't satisfied with, but i had the proverbial snowballs chance. LOL. they are both absolutely perfect for my DSis.

Blue Cat 05-05-2013 06:46 PM

junebillie,

i'm all for your little pincushions. Like lynnie, i love cats!

Blue Cat 05-05-2013 06:50 PM

ladybug,

your pincushion and needlecase are just like mine, except your little spool is wrapped with yellow instead of pink. aren't they spectacular?