Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2009-a-t26323.html)

trupeach 11-12-2009 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Originally Posted by trupeach

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Ideas please? What is appropriate to get when you don't know ANYTHING about the person? No posts really by the person so I can't get any clues there.

What do you all get?? Quilt tools? Fabric? Patterns? Non-sewing stuff? Help please! I did some shopping today and I was just selecting odds and ends but I just don't know!!!

Did they post any pic if so then you can tell what color fabric they like. If there really isn't anything from their posts I would suggest neutral fabric and besides the 5 FQ it doesn't have to be sewing/quilting related it could be Holiday related. There is so much you can get. Here are some suggestions. A quilting book, either with patterns or a novel there are a lot of fuuny books out there one is titled Stash Envy, writing paper, teacup and flavored teas to go with it. Kitchen towels and matching pot holders. Or you could make something a tea cosy or rice bag, pot holders an apron the list is endless. A quilter is no different then anyone else get what you think THEY might like. Unless you have a guy then don't get a blow up doll.

daaanggg Peachy...that was close! on my monitor blow is the last word till you go to next line.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought you were going to say: don't get any blow pops :wink:

I don't think my first throught would have been pops

sewhappy57 11-12-2009 09:12 PM

OMG! I just spent the last hour catching up on all the SS chatter. It's even better than last year. Ya all crack me up after a long and poopy day!
Thanks! I'm staring at my package right now, keeps calling to me! Open me now! Open me now! Don't know if I can wait it out! :roll: :roll: :roll:

sharon b 11-12-2009 09:15 PM

Just start humming REALLY loud.. and thinking ..I can't hear you ! I can't hear you ! I can't hear you ! :twisted: LOL

Janstar 11-12-2009 09:36 PM

Pam, just get something you would like to recieve!

tlrnhi 11-12-2009 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
******REMINDER*******

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you PM me when you receive your package or when you send your package.
Posting it on the thread is nice, but your message could get lost in the massive amount of pages that are here.

Thanks!!!

Ok, so how do we know if we already knew that the package got to it's destination, but the person didn't say here in open public that they got their package, but if they PM you to let you know then how are we to know, you know what I mean?

If you don't know whether your person rec'd the package....just PM me...I'll let you know.

tlrnhi 11-12-2009 10:29 PM

Pam....just peruse aisles at the nearest shop that sells things that you'd like to have for quilting. Everyone LOVES MORE fat quarters, yardage, rulers, books, heck.... anything would work.
I always try to find a cute ornament to stick in the package too!
Check out the bookstore. Find a small quilting book.....
I'm sure you'll find something!!

tlrnhi 11-12-2009 10:30 PM

Ok, my package thumped it's way DOWN the stairs and is now sitting on the dining table. I walked by it earlier and it was calling to me.
I don't know if I can take this much longer.......
I'm already crazy, do I need to go crazier???

trupeach 11-13-2009 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok, my package thumped it's way DOWN the stairs and is now sitting on the dining table. I walked by it earlier and it was calling to me.
I don't know if I can take this much longer.......
I'm already crazy, do I need to go crazier???

I don't think it was calling your name. You thought you heard it calling your name but it was saying TEAR ME not Terri since it almost sounds the same.

CajunQuilter2 11-13-2009 04:39 AM

Pam,
JoAnns has quilting books on sale thur 11-14 at 40% off which is a great price. Lots of sales and if you are near a superstore they will have lots of goodies to choose from other than fabric/sewing things. Good luck with your shopping.

tlrnhi 11-13-2009 04:46 AM

TEAR ME?
OH MY!! Maybe I should, but there's ALOT of tape on it.
Maybe it's actually saying...CUT ME! lol