Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2009-a-t26323.html)

sewjoyce 11-13-2009 06:01 PM

I sent out my Secret Santa package today to well, everyone will just have to guess!

AND

I got my Secret Santa package in the mail -- it isn't talking to me yet but I do hear a chuckle whenever I walk by :D :D

Esqmommy 11-13-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn

Another idea might be a cookie cookbook. The twist is, using quart jars, make up some cookie mixes from the cookbook. Put a pretty label on the jar and cover the cap with a small piece of holiday fabric. All she adds are the wet ingredients and she has hot warm cookies fresh from the oven. Add a couple of wooden spoons and a really cute fabric tray/serving container (on the forum) and you've got a true treasure.

If the gift comes from your heart and you enjoy making and giving it, the gift is perfect. Gwyn

I love this idea too!! I know TruPeach had this exact gift "cooked" up for her SS, but I think she changed her mind...that leaves it open for another person to give it as a gift. I know whoever gets it would love it!! When Tru was plotting it I was totally envious of her person!!

jodimae 11-13-2009 07:02 PM

Mailed yours out Monday this week.....
And recieved mine today woo hoo!!!

Mousie 11-13-2009 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ligia

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

if she spoke with an accent, I'd guess South America...and if that were right, she might be our first. Have we ever had a member from S. America?
Hmmm, some kind of jungle dweller, lol. Ligia are you on Guam?????
Terri, do you have parrots over there?

Mousie never wastes anything :lol:

((((( :shock: )))))

I just re-read this...LOL, when I said, "some kind of jungle dweller, LOL..I was talking about the parrots!"
sheesh, sounded almost wude...weally, weally, wude :oops:
sowwy, ligia...mousie wouldn't refer to you as, some kind of anything, but a nice person.
ligia, what are you doing with that broom?....yikes!
(like Elvis...ah'm gone! :shock: )

ligia 11-13-2009 08:22 PM

I just re-read this...LOL,

Phew .... 8)

Moonpi 11-13-2009 09:19 PM

if she spoke with an accent, I'd guess South America...and if that were right, she might be our first. Have we ever had a member from S. America?

Wasn't Yacome from Columbia? She used to come to chat and challenge our translation skills.

SulaBug 11-13-2009 11:41 PM

YIPPEE!! :D YIPPEE!! :D My
Secret Santa package arrived
today!! I am so excited, I can
hardly stop touching it!! :D It's
amazing, but the return address
is my own. Hmm.....wonder how
that could be? There are eyes
on it, watching me, so I have to
be very good!! Thank you my SS.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Barbm 11-14-2009 04:35 AM

That's so cool Sulabug- your address as the return. I need to borrow that idea. Off to post office when they open at 9. My son saw the "packing material" and he says- what about me- I like this and this and this. I laughed at him- he said he'll be watching the mail for me for my SS gift.

Off to my sewing room- gotta get cracking on my "stuff" for the craft sale next week. Dinner's in the crock pot already so I can keep working without interruption and the family is fed.

sandpat 11-14-2009 05:50 AM

I don't know where all our members are from! Of course, we all kinda know on the more active members, but little mouse...we might have folks from EVERYWHERE! Only our great hairy one knows that :wink:

I'm sooo glad to see more boxes arriving....my PO lady told me about the 9/11 rules...she encouraged me NOT to fudge on the return addies...but I may or may not have listened to her. I had no idea that they poked or ripped though! Thats kinda rude, doncha' think?

KGoodhand 11-14-2009 06:14 AM

My package is on the way to ....!
Well it is on its way to its new home!
Enjoy!

I agree with the customs form! What a Pain! I found a way around it though!!! :lol: :lol: