Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

sharon b 12-09-2012 07:37 PM

Well now Terri you just need to teach them grandbabies how to sew :) I wonder do they still sell those heavy cardboard with punch holes to teach kids how to lace up things ? Might be a way to start teaching them the up and down :)

stitchingpost 12-09-2012 07:39 PM

Holy cow,I have got 2 ss boxes,,,,miss ljs317:mercy girl,you nailed me good,I just love it all,the table topper,oh he is soooooo cute,I just love it,the horse panel,,yeeeh haaaaa,,,thank you ,red work pattern,hand bag,kit,manicure,set,I will have to hide,lol,needles,flashlight,charms squares,fqs and there is some purple,yeaahhhhh,,seam guide,measureing tape,thimble,the cute bag,to store,my pressure feet in,all the butterfly fabric,oooooohh Xmas pin which I will wear at a dinner wed night,thank you soooooo much,I love it alll,iam on a phone so I can't post a picture but it is all so wonderful,thank u again merry xmas

KGoodhand 12-09-2012 07:44 PM

I want to say thank you to my Secret Santa!!! I have her first name Annette from Kapaskasing Ontario. You were so very generous! My girls and hubby and I really enjoyed the creme candy!!! Very good!!! Thank you so very much for the button bouquet! It is soooooooo cute! and all the fabric, wow!!! It just kept coming out if the box!!!! The snips will definitely come in very handy!!!! The magazine is great!!!! I love new magazines!!!! and I am looking forward to wearing my owl pin to work tomorrow!!!! If I can find my camera I will post a pic soon!!!
Thank you again for being such a great SS!!!!!!!

dreamer2009 12-09-2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5709816)
Well now Terri you just need to teach them grandbabies how to sew :) I wonder do they still sell those heavy cardboard with punch holes to teach kids how to lace up things ? Might be a way to start teaching them the up and down :)

I would think these would be easy to make with cardboard, an awl and color book page to mark cardboard.

tlrnhi 12-09-2012 07:52 PM

I have seen them sold her in some of the Amish shops. i thought about getting them for the twins, but they won't sit still long enough

JuneBillie 12-09-2012 07:52 PM

Thank You!!!!! To Sandy (catpawski) my dear SS for the most wonderful package I could have ever imagined. I will post pics later, but want to list now. My pretty Cat Lovers Card with a very nice letter inside, yummy peanut butter candy (my favorite), a wonderful hand made Peek a Boo Bag (filled with a little tweetybird notepad, a point turn and presser which I need and didn't have, a very pretty hearts bookmark that I needed for a book I am reading, a stuffed pack of multi-colored soft ponytail holders, nice 5" pair of scissors, a beautiful trio pack of whimsical pins by LanternLiteStudio, a seam ripper that is wonderful, pack of 20 sharps needles, a beautiful pink studded ink pen that being a former teacher I can never have enough of, the cutest eraser with an artist picture on it) I have never had a Peek a Boo Bag before and never filled so nicely, and she made it with fabric of quilting women and little quilting/sewing sayings on it, and of course the vinyl see through quilting window. Now to continue (yes there is more) a pretty plush pair of pink with white cuffs warm fuzzy socks (I have cold feet, but not anymore :)),pretty magnetic list pad from Michaels, an adorable mouse toy for my cat Charlie, a wonderful book 'Living With Little Quilts' by Alice Berg-Mary Ellen Von Holt- Sylvia Johnson , and I will enjoy this book to get more ideas of quilts I can make for our home, and others, a pack with 4 beautiful fabric pieces that I am sure are more than fat quarters, and the wrapping paper for everything is beautiful seasonal fabric with pretty fabric ribbon. She also sent me a Bone China Sugar and Cream Set from England. I love finding little odd bowls etc. I know exactly where they will be displayed too. She also made me a cute and handy pin cushion on a thread spool. I will use it tonight. Ok, one more special item I received. A beautiful hand sewn/quilted wall hanging that says "Dogs have owners. Cats have Staff." I have 4 dogs with a little one added a week ago. hehe...My doggies won't be touching this quilt, but they can look at it. When I post pics probably tomorrow, only because me and hubby have been a little under the weather today, you will see how wonderful everything is. Secret Santa I want to thank you so much. You sent more than I should have received, and you took such time, and with thought in all you put together. I will always remember this years SS swap. A simple thank you just isn't enough. I love love love everything.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!
Sandy (catpawski) and to everyone!!!

Robinlee 12-09-2012 07:53 PM

Has anyone seen "Letsquilt"??

tlrnhi 12-09-2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robinlee (Post 5709852)
Has anyone seen "Letsquilt"??

I'm sure she'll show up

SulaBug 12-09-2012 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
L@@KIE at my G@@DIES from Littleone!! :D

Thank you so much Littleone for all of the wonderful things that you sent in my package from Canada. I love everything & I appreciate them all so much. My furbabies thank you for their treats too. I think they knew that something was in your box for them!! :D They sure were dancing around the table as I opened it all. This was one of the best Secret Santa packages ever. I can hardly wait until next year. Now is the time to start shopping again. I don't get excited about this, do I? :D Thank you again & now here is a picture of my loot.

stitchingpost 12-09-2012 08:00 PM

Ok,now,I also got a ss box from a miss Rhonda from,,lewes,De,don't know her board name,but iam in fq heaven,yeap girls eat your hearts out,I counted them and there is 24 of the prettiest blues,greens pinks,purples,and some prints,,a,deck of cards that has quilt patterns on them,langyard with pink rhinestone,quidelines,ruler,cooool,seam,ripper,pin sagnet m,tape,thimble,pin cushion,a,calendar,I think I got it allll,I am so very blissed ,you did a great job,,between you and miss,ljs317::its been a quilters dream Xmas ,,tnank you again and merry Xmas to all