Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

Pat625 12-17-2012 09:29 AM

Busy today..cookie baking and then off to finiash piecing a top, so I have something to hand quilt over the next few weeks while in process of moving!~! All Christmas gifts are bought, made and wrapped!!

nancia 12-17-2012 01:33 PM

busy day yesterday! i finished all 8 stockings. the hardest part was attaching the dumb loop on both sides of the cuff. they are reversible. i am very proud of myself because i took pictures. no place for labels. now i hope they get to texas on time. the last one took the longest. i was measuring the fur cuff and i turned for some reason, knocked the acrylic ruler off the raised table, smack onto my toe. i think it's broken and it's definitely cut. bummer!!! i will limp and be lame, pout! t revert to 4 yr old behavior. dh offered to sy\tay home, but i said no.
i still haave lots to so,,, thank goodness december is a long month!

grann of 6 12-17-2012 01:58 PM

See, Nancia, it would have been easier to make 16 stockings than 8 reversible. I can tell you lots of nightmares of the ins and outs of reversible anything. Never again. If you're still coming tomorrow, I have homemade turkey noodle soup for lunch. That will feel good, your being "disabled" and everything.

tlrnhi 12-17-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5725261)
We have heard this ploy before, Terri....not going to work....but it's good to see you are still trying! ROFL

Tis not a ploy, I assure you! I'm only looking out for everyone's best interest. I would not like it if my friends got hurt. That would make me cry! So, as Head Elf, this is just part of the service that I give to ya'll.

tlrnhi 12-17-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5725906)
See, Nancia, it would have been easier to make 16 stockings than 8 reversible. I can tell you lots of nightmares of the ins and outs of reversible anything. Never again. If you're still coming tomorrow, I have homemade turkey noodle soup for lunch. That will feel good, your being "disabled" and everything.

That turkey noodle soup would have been good for me yesterday...well, without all the turkey and noodles and such. Was on a clear liquid diet all day yesterday and then had to drink the yucky stuff last night and this morning. EW, EW, EW....but all is ok. I'll survive and I'm alive. Don't have to go back and do this again for about 5 years, so the doc says.

Anyway...I'm looking for my maps so I can plan my roadtrip. Will have to take Machel with me. She's my cohort in crime, I mean, my helper

dreamer2009 12-17-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5725924)
That turkey noodle soup would have been good for me yesterday...well, without all the turkey and noodles and such. Was on a clear liquid diet all day yesterday and then had to drink the yucky stuff last night and this morning. EW, EW, EW....but all is ok. I'll survive and I'm alive. Don't have to go back and do this again for about 5 years, so the doc says.

Anyway...I'm looking for my maps so I can plan my roadtrip. Will have to take Machel with me. She's my cohort in crime, I mean, my helper

well tell Machel I'm still waiting for an answer from the PM I sent her.
not a good cohort...lol

grann of 6 12-17-2012 02:49 PM

Terri, you and Machel need to plan a road trip to Glenmoore. Which reminds me, I have to move back from the North Pole now that SS is done. you would love my sewing studio, and all the sewing machines....and Santa Me just brought me EQ7.

tlrnhi 12-17-2012 03:37 PM

Dreamer....I'll be chatting with her tonight and will tell her to answer her PMs. She's been busy lately.

Grann....yes, we do. You aren't that far from us, so maybe lunch when the holidays are over?

grann of 6 12-17-2012 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5726055)
Dreamer....I'll be chatting with her tonight and will tell her to answer her PMs. She's been busy lately.

Grann....yes, we do. You aren't that far from us, so maybe lunch when the holidays are over?

That sounds good. There is a new diner in Honeybrook that has really good food, it is on 322 a little north of Rt.10.

dreamer2009 12-17-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5726066)
That sounds good. There is a new diner in Honeybrook that has really good food, it is on 322 a little north of Rt.10.

don't forget the quilt shopping.