Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

islandwiz1 12-18-2012 07:10 PM

Thanks for the great laugh!

grann of 6 12-19-2012 04:14 AM

That was good, about how I feel right now.

Pat625 12-19-2012 04:29 AM

I am so glad I am all shopped made and wrapped..of course I got my kids to wrap, so I didn't create strange scenes like in the video!!:p

Louise Houghtaling 12-19-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 5728257)
Okay - for those of us still around here - take a look at this - it is awesome - but before you start - put your drinks down cause you just may spill them when you start laughing!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=380577045305176

I watched this and had to pause it several times because I was laughing so hard. Thank you for sharing. Gift bag, anyone?

LAQUITA 12-19-2012 01:26 PM

Well, even after all this time, I still haven't heard from my SS. The one I sent to. I checked with our host and she received it back in Nov. but never has posted or PM'd me that she received it. (I did have our host check with her back in NOv so I know it arrived at her house okay) Makes me kind of sad, we spend $ and put our hearts into making things especially for someone per their colors/requests ect.... and not even a simple thank you. I have had this happen to me more than once howeve I know that majority of everyone does make some sort of posts or PM. I know we are supposed according to 'the rules' but not everyone follows them. I will have to really think about joining anymore for the new year. As much as I enjoy the various swaps, just some common courtesy would be nice. Thaks for letting me 'share' with you all. MERRY CHRISTmas to you all.

grann of 6 12-19-2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 5729762)
Well, even after all this time, I still haven't heard from my SS. The one I sent to. I checked with our host and she received it back in Nov. but never has posted or PM'd me that she received it. (I did have our host check with her back in NOv so I know it arrived at her house okay) Makes me kind of sad, we spend $ and put our hearts into making things especially for someone per their colors/requests ect.... and not even a simple thank you. I have had this happen to me more than once howeve I know that majority of everyone does make some sort of posts or PM. I know we are supposed according to 'the rules' but not everyone follows them. I will have to really think about joining anymore for the new year. As much as I enjoy the various swaps, just some common courtesy would be nice. Thaks for letting me 'share' with you all. MERRY CHRISTmas to you all.

Again, as I said before, let's give her the benefit of the doubt. She may have had some family emergency that made life more important to her than SS. If receiving a thank you is important to you, than, yes, maybe you should rethink joining these swaps. I don't join many because I am afraid that I may forget someone, in my rush to do other things. I am sorry that you feel "forgotten", but as I said, there may be some good reason. I like to think the best of people.

Vanogay 12-19-2012 03:16 PM

Grann of 6, I know how Laquita feels as that is the way I feel, too. I try to do the best I can with the information I get on the sheets and my limited funds, et al and a simple thank you - even if I have to write myself a note to do it later because of some other more pressing issue - is not too much to ask. I don't think this would make me not want to join (please Yai-Yai, reconsider this) but I know I still would like that simple "Thank you".

LAQUITA 12-19-2012 03:25 PM

ke

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5729912)
Grann of 6, I know how Laquita feels as that is the way I feel, too. I try to do the best I can with the information I get on the sheets and my limited funds, et al and a simple thank you - even if I have to write myself a note to do it later because of some other more pressing issue - is not too much to ask. I don't think this would make me not want to join (please Yai-Yai, reconsider this) but I know I still would like that simple "Thank you".

Kathleen, Thank you for your understanding,

Grannto6, I KNOW 'life happens' as we have a 23 yo dd with special health needs, and I at times feels I can't be depended on b/c of various things going on with her. However after over 6 weeks surely a PM of thanks could of been worked in some where?????? Like I said it's not just this one person, this has happened more than once for me on various swaps. Just something I have to consider personally.
Happy Quilting

Pat625 12-19-2012 04:20 PM

I had one of my santees never respond..guess my best way to look at it is that I had a wonderful time shopping and preparing the presents

nancia 12-19-2012 04:48 PM

i'll confess i did a side swap for this ss, including my secret ss. it was alot more fun getting to know the person i was swaqpping with and i found out more useful info. yeah, i know, it ruins the secret part! but she and i are going to do a birthday swap, too. love the people i meet thru the swaps, and that is the true gift of swapping.